CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Would you endorse a product that didn't work?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you endorse a product that didn't work? Empty Would you endorse a product that didn't work?

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:54 am

Would you ever do a commercial for something that you knew didn't do what it was supposed to?

I say hell no, because I HATE when people so blatantly lie about 'this is soooo great, you need to try it'. Now some people disagree, saying 'it's only acting and you make money, so why not?', because this acting goes towards the support of a product that may or may not work, and if it doesn't work, you make money off everybody else getting cheated on it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you endorse a product that didn't work? Empty Re: Would you endorse a product that didn't work?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Typically? No. But my feet are made of clay just like everyone else's so if they backed a dump truck full of money up to my door I'm still not going to say (emphatically), "No, I have too much integrity!" There is a lot of truth in the saying “let the buyer beware”. Buying anything because of someone else’s personal endorsement is kind of foolish. Depending on the product, I will go on-line to some place like epinions.com to see what other consumers have to say, the good and the bad and then make up my own mind. Especially when some people are swearing by the product and some people are swearing at the product.

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Would you endorse a product that didn't work? Empty Re: Would you endorse a product that didn't work?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 am

If the company made me an offer I couldn't refuse I wouldn't. Everybody ought to know by now that commercial claims can be likely bogus and that you trying it at your own risk. Unless it was a product that was harming people, I would do it w/no remorse.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 am

Literally just today, the noon news went off and an info program came on. I wasn't even listening to it until I heard "Supercross". They were selling some sort of light device to help aid in healing. They announced a spokesperson, Ryan Clark, pro moto. First of all, they lied about him being top ten in the world. ICK. Hope he was paid decent.

I guess, I would do it too, if it was something I was not passionate about. I wouldn't lie in conjunction to motocross racing or any kid products. But if somebody wanted me to hock a mop that was shit, I would. My son has several sponsors, and I have never allowed him to represent something we think is shit. No money is worth that, when it comes to something we love. When we really needed money for a World Final in Las Vegas, I did not let him do things that did not fit my paradigm of appropriate, though there was a night club willing to put out a few hundred for an appearance. Not worth it to take him to a club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:49 am