CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month Empty The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:11 pm

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/14/5290191-average-american-teen-sends-and-receives-3339-texts-a-month?gt1=43001

That comes out to 111 messages a day, and you know, I"ve just gotta wonder, WHAT could be so important all these little twits gotta be twiddling their thumbs over 100 times a day? 'LOL' 'Hi!' 'Kewl'? Imagine if instead of texting, they made that many phone calls a day to say the same, short pointless things, how tired would that get? And how fast would their parents be taking a meat mallet to their phones? But it's somehow less annoying when they text it?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month Empty Re: The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Supernova wrote:http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/14/5290191-average-american-teen-sends-and-receives-3339-texts-a-month?gt1=43001

That comes out to 111 messages a day, and you know, I"ve just gotta wonder, WHAT could be so important all these little twits gotta be twiddling their thumbs over 100 times a day? 'LOL' 'Hi!' 'Kewl'? Imagine if instead of texting, they made that many phone calls a day to say the same, short pointless things, how tired would that get? And how fast would their parents be taking a meat mallet to their phones? But it's somehow less annoying when they text it?

The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month 35166 Its just ridiculous.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month Empty Re: The average American teen sends and receives 3,339 text messages per month

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:14 pm

And I don't even have a cell phone. xD
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am

The answer is nothing is that important. My son texts a lot (not quite as much as you noted the average being) and it goes like this:

Sup?
    NM
    kewl
    IKR
    GTG TTYL
    UT?
    YA
    Bored...
    IKR

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:29 am

RedBedroom wrote:The answer is nothing is that important. My son texts a lot (not quite as much as you noted the average being) and it goes like this:

Sup?
    NM
    kewl
    IKR
    GTG TTYL
    UT?
    YA
    Bored...
    IKR

Exactly...I mean exactly HOW empty are these kids' days that they can't think of something better to do than that? An hour and thirty five minutes spent each day texting per the average American teenager the story said, 95 minutes each day putting two and three letters together over and over and over?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:44 am

Yeah, for teens, not sure why they do it. My son is 11 and unlimited texting is new to him, so he still enjoys texting in that lame, pointless capacity. Not sure of the draw. Like I said, he doesn't send that many texts, but when he does, they are not important at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:19 am