CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
tmontyb
Shale
CeCe
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
Chris
RiteDiva
Forgiveness Man
captainbryce
Supernova
14 posters

The age old question, is Jesus black or white?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Empty The age old question, is Jesus black or white?

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 am

And y'all probably know what my answer is, right? Who cares? That's my answer, who cares? What difference does it make? None. The answer is we' all gonna find out when we die, and by then it ain't going to make no difference, not that it does now anyway either.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Empty Re: The age old question, is Jesus black or white?

Post by captainbryce Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 am

He was neither "black" nor "white". When he was "human", he most likely resembled a middle eastern Jew (because he was one). He probably looked like a cross between a typical "Arab" and a modern day Israeli. And there is no telling what he looks like in his "spiritual" form in heaven. Race wasn't a consideration back then. You were either a Jew or a Gentile. And if you were a Gentile, you were either a Christian convert or a pagan! Jesus didn't care what "color" anybody was, nor did they care what color he was. They only cared that he was either the Messiah and the Son of the God of Abraham or a really good con artist/magician, and a blasphemer.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Empty Re: The age old question, is Jesus black or white?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am

He was Aramaic! FORGIVENESS MAN
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 am

captainbryce wrote:He was neither "black" nor "white". When he was "human", he most likely resembled a middle eastern Jew (because he was one). He probably looked like a cross between a typical "Arab" and a modern day Israeli. And there is no telling what he looks like in his "spiritual" form in heaven. Race wasn't a consideration back then. You were either a Jew or a Gentile. And if you were a Gentile, you were either a Christian convert or a pagan! Jesus didn't care what "color" anybody was, nor did they care what color he was. They only cared that he was either the Messiah and the Son of the God of Abraham or a really good con artist/magician, and a blasphemer.

Much agreed. Like everyone else, my initial image of Jesus was of a long haired white guy with a slight golden hue of the skin. Whether that image is correct or not (it most likely isn't, despite whatever race he was) is totally irrelevant to me. I don't even bother to ponder what he looked like in life. At this point, it is all muddled and left up to permanent interpretation. I see Jesus as a divine spiritual adviser, and the blend between immaculate spirit and mortal man. What shade he was and the texture of his hair was is neither here nor there all of these two thousand years later.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 pm

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:He was Aramaic! FORGIVENESS MAN

wasnt that a language, not an ethnic group?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm

captainbryce wrote:He was neither "black" nor "white". When he was "human", he most likely resembled a middle eastern Jew (because he was one). He probably looked like a cross between a typical "Arab" and a modern day Israeli. And there is no telling what he looks like in his "spiritual" form in heaven. Race wasn't a consideration back then. You were either a Jew or a Gentile. And if you were a Gentile, you were either a Christian convert or a pagan! Jesus didn't care what "color" anybody was, nor did they care what color he was. They only cared that he was either the Messiah and the Son of the God of Abraham or a really good con artist/magician, and a blasphemer.

co-signs

well said. do you really think any of us will have ethnicity or race in the afterworld anyway??
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I know he wasn't white.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I know he wasn't white.

co-signs middle eastern jewish man, but some just refuse to believe it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I know he wasn't white.

NOOOO! Tell me it ain't so! d-oh!
    The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Zsacred-heart-of-jesus-01-x1200
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Opa Shale wrote:

NOOOO! Tell me it ain't so! d-oh!
    The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Zsacred-heart-of-jesus-01-x1200

laughing
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:39 pm

This hung on living room walls all over the south, typically in a gold frame.
    The age old question, is Jesus black or white? Jesus
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:02 pm

It doesn't matter to me what Jesus looked like. It matters what he did and who he was. Most likely, he looked middle eastern, as that is the area h was from but it makes no difference to me what his ethnicity was nor do I think ethnicity will matter in heaven. Race is a human construct.
    imcurousnow
    imcurousnow
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by imcurousnow Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Jesus being Jewish was probably medium toward dark skinned .
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:It doesn't matter to me what Jesus looked like. It matters what he did and who he was. Most likely, he looked middle eastern, as that is the area h was from but it makes no difference to me what his ethnicity was nor do I think ethnicity will matter in heaven. Race is a human construct.

co-signs

The subject of Jesus's race and color never interested me. Its his teachings and stories that are more interesting and important . . . not what color skin he had.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:36 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:

co-signs

The subject of Jesus's race and color never interested me. Its his teachings and stories that are more interesting and important . . . not what color skin he had.

Good for you Robbie big hugz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:07 am