CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Gran Torino

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Gran Torino Empty Gran Torino

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:46 am

What are your thoughts on this movie?

I thought it was okay, I enjoyed it, but I was very...disappointed in the ending, as I'm sure most people are. And to anybody here who saw it and did not like the way the movie ended, I recommend another movie to you, 1985's Stand Alone with Charles Durning and Pam Grier. And even if you did like the way Gran Torino ended, I still recommend Stand Alone so you could see a similarly made movie but decide for yourself which is the better one. I MUCH prefer Stand Alone, and anybody who sees it, I'm sure you'll find out why. In my opinion, THAT is the way a movie should end, not like Gran Torino did.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Gran Torino Empty Re: Gran Torino

Post by CeCe Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:40 pm

When I first heard Clint Eastwood was going to play this role I thought the movie would be ridiculous. It was much better than I was expecting & my only problem with it is the ending. I won't give anything away but I did think the one scene with everyone together was very realistic & true to the character. Made me smile. And the closing scene is one I could have lived without. And wish I could have.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:56 pm

I liked the movie and had no problem with the ending.

Most of the Asian characters weren't actors which may be why the group scene was so convincing. In fact, the lead kid was not an actor. Sometimes you get the best performances from novices. Probably fits with Clint's quirky style of directing. He seems to know what he wants and manages to get it with very few takes.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 am

I thought the Asian characters were fantastic. I do wish Clint had learned from Bronco Billy though. big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:11 am

CeCe wrote:I thought the Asian characters were fantastic. I do wish Clint had learned from Bronco Billy though. big grin

Learned what from him?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Supernova wrote:

Learned what from him?

Oh sorry. Clint love him as I do, he is brilliant. But that man cannot sing. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:54 am