CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Chris
Marc™
6 posters

Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner? Empty Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner?

Post by Marc™ Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 am

No daddy....mean daddy....smothering mother....controlling mother....etc.

Ever reacted to your partner in a way that indirectly related to the relationship you have (or didn't have) with one or both your parents?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner? Empty Re: Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner?

Post by Chris Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:13 pm

I may let the rapport I had with my parents as a kid, and to this day, influence how I raise my daughter (my parents were strict, demanding, but somewhat emotionally aloof. As a father I'm demanding -- but not as strict, overbearing or 'formal' as they sometimes were); but I don't have any parental issues that run so deep that they affect my intimate, or romantic, relationships.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner? Empty Re: Have You Ever Put Your Parent-Issues On Your Partner?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Of course. I believe that our upbringing shapes a lot of our qualities good and bad. So, I would be lying if issues from my upbringing did not spill into my adult relationships.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 pm

In a round-about way, I do sometimes search for random traits in men that are reminiscent of my father, so that I can then personify my mother and indirectly channel their whole relationship to replicate what I liked about it...or re-write what I didn't. It occasionally happens, but most of the time it doesn't.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Mmmmmmnope. Can't say that I do or have.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't say that I have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:37 am