CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CatEyes10736
RiteDiva
MandyPerfumeGirl
femme fatale
8 posters

What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup? Empty What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup?

Post by femme fatale Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Most parents don't allow makeup until sixteen, I got to do it a little earlier at fifteen. Wasn't such a big deal, because I didn't have a desire to drench my face in it. Just lite lipstick.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup? Empty Re: What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 pm

I would say 13 or 14.

I've never had a big interest in make-up, so the subject never came up between my Mom and I when I was a teenager. Now I just occasionally wear purple eye shadow.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup? Empty Re: What age should girls be allowed to wear makeup?

Post by RiteDiva Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:18 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I would say 13 or 14.

I've never had a big interest in make-up, so the subject never came up between my Mom and I when I was a teenager. Now I just occasionally wear purple eye shadow.

Same here. I wasn't hellbent on wearing makeup as a preteen and so I didn't give my parents any amo to set "guidelines" about that sort of thing. If at age 14, I went to a school dance or out to the movies with friends, I would very casually ask my mom if I could lightly apply something in her makeup bag as I was getting ready and she usually was ok with it. It wasn't a big deal.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I don't think there needs to be a set age. That prerequisite "16" is silly IMO. My 16 year old daughter wouldn't be allowed to walk out of the house looking like a painted up cocktail waitress any sooner than she would have been able to at 12. Plus, it isn't like we're still in the 1980s, when the bozo/drag queen/raccoon look was all the rage with young women. Most young girls don't too much bother with foundation these days, and if they do it's subtle.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:06 pm

I think it depends on the personality of the girl, why she wants to wear it and how she tries to make herself up. Don't see there being a need for a set age.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

There was never any rule about makeup in my house. My mom used to get pissed at me for going into HER stash, but that was about it. Soon as I was able to buy it, I could wear it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't have any set rules either. Around 13, 14....she wants to wear a little lipstick/gloss, eyeshadow.....I'll let her. But, it definitely has to be tame. She won't go out the house looking like a lady of the evening. I personally don't even wear any significant make-up unless I'm going out.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 pm

I would let a daughter wear lip gloss and light eye shadow at probably 12. For a face full of makeup, I would rather he wait a few more years. Most teens have good skin, so they don't need foundation. And ironically, those that do "need" it to cover acne shouldn't be wearing it anyway, as it only aggrivated the acne condition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:08 am