CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music

Post by Chris Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 pm

With acts like Britney, Gaga and Ke$ha ruling the roost, are you content with what's generally out there today or not?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

I am loving it, I have always been a fan of Hi Energy and dance music!
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music Empty Re: How do you feel about the current music scene being so dominated by electro-dance and "fun"-type music

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:20 pm

It's a welcome diversion from about 5 years old non stop hip hop. I actually think right now things are pretty even divided amongst the genres, which is a good thing.
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by JADACITY Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't like it, because "fun" and "electro" music is basically a kids game and because of that, the charts are dominated by 14-25 year olds. There once was a time when a 40 year old could have a radio hit, but in an environment that caters to Ke$ha and Britney, that becomes next to impossible. Also electropop has virtually KILLED the ballad.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 am

JADACITY wrote:I don't like it, because "fun" and "electro" music is basically a kids game and because of that, the charts are dominated by 14-25 year olds. There once was a time when a 40 year old could have a radio hit, but in an environment that caters to Ke$ha and Britney, that becomes next to impossible. Also electropop has virtually KILLED the ballad.
    In all fairness, that's been the case for the last fifteen years, but I get what you mean. I'm fine with it for now peacockish electro-pop for now; as Cateyes noted, after years of hip hop ruling the roost. A change was in order, and I suppose the opposite extreme was needed to balance the scale back out. I, however, wouldn't want to see electro music still dominating the scene two years from now.
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Rule Breaker Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:09 pm

The worse thing about this electro pop fad is that its put Britney back in relevance. 3, 4 years ago, she was really out of style and on the verge of being totally washed up. Then all of the sudden it's cool to like her again. Where did THAT come from? Gaga ok I can tolerate, but I can't abide by Britney.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm

JADACITY wrote:I don't like it, because "fun" and "electro" music is basically a kids game and because of that, the charts are dominated by 14-25 year olds. There once was a time when a 40 year old could have a radio hit, but in an environment that caters to Ke$ha and Britney, that becomes next to impossible. Also electropop has virtually KILLED the ballad.

Susan Boyle just had a number one song. Barbra Streisand's new album had a debut at number one when it was released.
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by NIKOL99 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am

Oh it's fun and it's harmless. I'm not a fan of it per se, but there's always a need for lighthearted dancier music.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am