CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CatEyes10736
MandyPerfumeGirl
6 posters

Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion?

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion? Empty Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi all,

Do you believe that it’s possible for a human being to be possessed by a demon or the Devil himself? If so, do you believe exorcisms are a useful therapy for this?

I personally think it’s possible, but rare. A lot of non-believers think it is mental illness or some sort of physical or physiological disorder that cannot be fully explained. There’s evidence to support that exorcisms can bring peace to those who are tormented, if it’s used appropriately and if it doesn’t violate the victim. So all in all, I believe that demonic possession is real and that exorcisms can be helpful.

What do you guys think?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion? Empty Re: Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion?

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm

I don't believe in "Exorcist"-type possession, but I do think that someone's soul can be in the grips of the devil, which to me is a for of demonic possession.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion? Empty Re: Demonic Possession & Exorcisms: What's your opinion?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:34 pm

I guess I do believe that possession is possible and that there could be legitimate need for exorcisms, although I also do think voluntary work of the devil is a much more common and dangerous epidemic due to it's subtlety.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I don't believe in "Exorcist"-type possession, but I do think that someone's soul can be in the grips of the devil, which to me is a for of demonic possession.

co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:52 am

Well, as I don't believe in the supernatural and I know the powerful affect the mind can have on the body, I do say it's mental illness.
    LVJoel
    LVJoel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by LVJoel Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Demons and devils are inventions of Man. The rites to banish them are also inventions of Man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am