CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RobbieFTW
MandyPerfumeGirl
Jason B.
RedBedroom
Supernova
Tony Marino
Marc™
11 posters

Limits on Marriage #

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Limits on Marriage # Empty Limits on Marriage #

Post by Marc™ Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

In your opinion, do you think there should be a limit of times someone can get married? I sorta do. I think after three times, the law needs to consider just allowing people to engage in civil unions after that. I can't get with someone who's been married something like eight times. IMO, they don't take the institution seriously.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Limits on Marriage # Empty Re: Limits on Marriage #

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't think there should be any limit, if someone wants to get married 5 times who cares just don't invite me to any of your weddings after the second one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Marc™ wrote:In your opinion, do you think there should be a limit of times someone can get married? I sorta do. I think after three times, the law needs to consider just allowing people to engage in civil unions after that. I can't get with someone who's been married something like eight times. IMO, they don't take the institution seriously.

So you'd get with someone who's been in 8 civil unions but not 8 marriages?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Divorce doesn't cost tax payers money, so let them keep going for it. Like Tony said, though, gifts from me stop after #2.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

No I think marriage is a civil right and so long as they don't have multiple marriages going on at once, then let the marry and remarry as often as they want.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:44 pm

I 100% believe that the law should not control how many times a person is to marry. Allowing the law to butt in and say after so many marriages "well, we're not going to allow you to marry, but we'll allow you civil unions", I think that is crazy. If a person feels like getting married ten times, let them, it's their business.

On a personal level, I don't think people should be married more than four or five times. If you haven't found "the one" after all that, you're probably never going to. For myself, though I've never been married, I don't see myself getting married more than once or twice.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't think there should be a limit on marriage but it's not lost on me how a flaky heterosexual can get married 10 times but in most US states, a gay couple that's been together 20 years can't.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Marc™ wrote:In your opinion, do you think there should be a limit of times someone can get married? I sorta do. I think after three times, the law needs to consider just allowing people to engage in civil unions after that. I can't get with someone who's been married something like eight times. IMO, they don't take the institution seriously.

No, but I think somebody trying to get married for the 5th or 6th time should have to pay more for the marriage license.
    Ghost1P
    Ghost1P
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Ghost1P Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

I don't support any law that limits a person' right to choose. If a person wants get married and it has no affect on me...I don't care...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Eh, not really. Getting married a bunch of times usually means that if you're not widowed......you're just a hopeless romantic or make bad choices in spouses and you'll marry anybody you fall for. Especially with more and more people not willing to make that full commitment. Prob. dumb, but hey....it doesn't hurt anybody.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

No way. It's none of the government's business. If you're getting married, divorced, married, divorced, ad-nauseum, I think you've got some other problems but it's nothing the government should get involved with. Now, if some church said "No way, Jose!" that's another matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 am