CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

Shale's Last Post

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Shale's Last Post Empty Shale's Last Post

Post by Shale Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:32 pm

You may have noticed and like the 500 pound gorilla sitting on the couch don't want to talk about it, that Shale is leaving this board. Been here for exactly two months, recruited by some unknown person from my "home" on the Hip Forums who thot I could contribute here.

Well, I thot so too, despite the fact that I may be the oldest one here with not so many others with my years and experience. (I am just ONE of the "Old Hippies" on the other board). Also, I have done the sex, drugs and rock & roll as they say, so my life experiences may be different than yours.

However, I engaged in discussion with most of you amiably even when we disagreed. But there was one member whose discussion tactics were quite immature, suplanting posturing with actual debate and circular argument in lieu of attributable facts. I began taking that member to task on his debate tactics as much as the issue we were debating.

I don't fault that member so much as I fault the mod who started deleting these posts, while leaving the other member's posts standing. This to me is an egregious error, censoring some members of a forum board while letting equally insulting members have their say. We don't do that on the Hip Forums (Where I am actually a mod in one forum). A mod did an arbitrary deletion of one member's post and we all got so upset about it that the Webmaster reinstated it. But, the Hip Forums bills itself as a "Free Speech Forum" so it would have been embarrassing to do otherwise.

So, this is my parting thread (for however long it stands). I enjoyed conversing with some of you but I'm goin' home. Come visit if you wish.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:25 pm