CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Who remembers 'New Coke'?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Who remembers 'New Coke'? Empty Who remembers 'New Coke'?

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 pm

That's before my time, everybody hated the stuff, so what I want to know is how was it changed? We all know what Coke today tastes like but is there anybody here who tried that stuff from the 80s who knows just how terrible it was?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Who remembers 'New Coke'? Empty Re: Who remembers 'New Coke'?

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 pm

I do. I thought it was awful. They tried to make it taste more like Pepsi but failed. It didn't come close. People hated it & then they brought back Coke "Classic".
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

I remember the controversy, but never actually had one. I sort of wish they kept it on the market, under a different flavor name, because I've always been curious to know what it tasted like.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:18 pm

CeCe wrote:I do. I thought it was awful. They tried to make it taste more like Pepsi but failed. It didn't come close. People hated it & then they brought back Coke "Classic".

More like Pepsi? that doesn't make any sense, Coke's always been the better one. And here is how you know that's true, years ago people who worked in the Pepsi corporation were caught stealing Coke's formula and returned it, Coke never tried to steal Pepsi's recipe.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Supernova wrote:

More like Pepsi? that doesn't make any sense, Coke's always been the better one. And here is how you know that's true, years ago people who worked in the Pepsi corporation were caught stealing Coke's formula and returned it, Coke never tried to steal Pepsi's recipe.

I know! It was just the dumbest thing at the time. A complete failure. Guess they couldn't see at the time that a lot of people liked the difference between the two even though some people feel so strongly they only drink one. It was probably just greed, trying to take Pepsi's business but losing some of their own because of it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Now if they would just bring back regular Lime Coke in addition to the diet, everybody would be happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 am