CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift....

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift.... Empty Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift....

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 am

Since so many guys post here and this gift is for a guy, I hoped that someone would give creative suggestions to give this gift.

I was at a loss for what big gift to give my guy for Christmas. Well, I finally figured it out. I got him a Nascar racing experience. So, he will be able to go to the Chicagoland Speedway, and be in a car as passenger and do laps at full speed.

He is not a Nascar fanatic, but does like it a lot, so I know he is going to love it. But I am not sure how to present it, as they only send a confirmation email, not a certificate or anything tangible upon purchase.

My thing is, I don't want him to think even for a second that the gift is tickets to a race. I have given him tickets in prior years to pro motocross races. So, I suspect that if I don't do this well, that is going to be what he thinks at first glance...that they are Nascar tickets to a race.

So, any creative ideas will be so greatly appreciated!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift.... Empty Re: Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift....

Post by Supernova Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:56 am

This is just a wild guess on my part but how about sitting him down and explaining the whole thing to him so he KNOWS what he's getting into?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift.... Empty Re: Need creative suggestions for giving a certain gift....

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 am

No, I am looking more for a creative way to let him know that he is going to be able to have this experience by way of him opening a gift.

To sit him down and explain it would be too lacking in flair for my liking. I have zero doubt that he will have to be talked into it in any way. Up until our son was a year old, he raced motocross at a pro level. So, this gift is (hopefully)huge for him. He has never ever raced a car at any level.

He only ever raced bikes.

Four wheels move the body, two move the soul. But, he still enjoys watching Nascar.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 am

Gift wrap a picture of Joliet prison and tell him if he doesn't like his gift, this is where he's going.
    Just kidding. I'll think on it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Maybe get him a NASCAR model. When he gives you that WTF look, tell him he gets to keep that one but the one he'll be driving has to stay at the track. Find a DVD with race crashes and watch it with him X-mas day. Make a comment like "Boy those guys can't drive. I'll bet you could do a lot better Snookems (or what ever you call him :biggrin:) Then tell him he's going to get the chance to prove it. However you wind up telling him I hope he has a great time (and that you get something cool too.)
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 pm

I like alan smithee's idea! I was thinking of something along those lines, too.

What a cool gift idea! I'm sure he'll love it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Alan has the right idea.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Didn't she say he was going to be a PASSENGER in the car, not the driver?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Didn't she say he was going to be a PASSENGER in the car, not the driver?

Tony, you're right. She did. I just had a brain fart and focused on something similar a friend's wife was thinking of doing for him only he would be behind the wheel. In that case Red could still give him a crash DVD and say "I hope your driver is better than these guys!" Or wrap up a single pair of underwear (NASCAR theme?) and tell him these are for him to change into after he's done in case there are any "accidents".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:15 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Tony, you're right. She did. I just had a brain fart and focused on something similar a friend's wife was thinking of doing for him only he would be behind the wheel. In that case Red could still give him a crash DVD and say "I hope your driver is better than these guys!" Or wrap up a single pair of underwear (NASCAR theme?) and tell him these are for him to change into after he's done in case there are any "accidents".

Regardless, its still a great idea you have Smile
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Alan, that was a neat idea. And, yeah, he is just a passenger. They do have packages that include a person being able to drive, which he would adore, but it is crazy expensive.

I love the model car idea. My son has several small size that I could borrow to put in a box. That would be cool. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:18 pm

So Red...how did it go?!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 am

Alan, thank you so much for thinking to ask!

Your idea of the model did inspire me to put some of my son's Matchbox Nascar cars in a box. I wish I had recorded it...it was so priceless when he opened the box, which was full of 9 cars and a certificate explaining what the gift was. He was at a loss for words. It was just so cool.

Especially since this will happen at Chicagoland Speedway. Chicago is such a big part of who I am and this year has been tough a couple times and I have just dropped it all and flew to Chicago just to get away twice this past year. So, this gift was rather symbolic. I really want him to fall in love with Chicago like I have....granted the track is not in Chicago, proper, it is still part of it, in my view.

We have been excitedly planning our trip for that weekend, which will include visits to my family. He actually talked me into taking a day off (Monday after his Saturday drive) to make it more of a mini vacation, which is huge for me as I never take week days off. So, it was an awesome gift.

Yeah, he shed a tear! He would kill me for disclosing that, but it was the fact that he coaches so many motocross racers, including our son, throughout the year. After he figured out what it was, I said, "Coach, it is time for you to be the student." Yeah, it was pretty cool.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 am

Aw Red, that's fantastic. I hope it's just one of many great highlights for you and your man in 2011!

yay RIGHT ON!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:33 pm