CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Chris
RobbieFTW
CatEyes10736
RedBedroom
Marc™
9 posters

Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating? Empty Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating?

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 am

Have you ever been convinced that your partner is either cheating on you, or would if the situation arose? Did you ever spy on them or "test" their loyalty?

Once when I was a teenager, I didn't trust my girlfriend....so I had one of my friends call her up and pretend to holla at her. I was listening in on three-way. She failed the test and that was that. I thought what I was doing was perfectly justified, but my mother (when I told her about it) said for setting her up like that, I deserved to get what I was hoping to find: disloyalty.

I did it again when I was about 19. This was back when AOL chat rooms were still popular and my ex used to like them. She made no secret of liking them (in fact it was how we met.) When we first started dating, she would call me up and disguise her voice....pretending to be someone else, seeing how I would respond. Haha. I never fell for it and didn't make a big deal out of it. After we had been involved for over half a year, I turned the tables on her....once I caught her in a chat room, so I created a dummy AOL account & profile, and holla'd at her pretending to be someone else. It seemed as though she fell for it. The whole time I'm IM'ing her as this other dude....I'm mad as hell, but kept up the charade long enough to get her #. I called, barely said hello and was hung up on. When I tried to call back she had call blocked me. I get online and she sends me this very angry email, accusing me of not trusting her, and saying that all along she knew it was me. I had to wonder if that part was true, but whatever. We broke up for about 2 months after that, but the relationship was never quite the same after.

So....what say you? Have you ever been paranoid that your partner was cheating (or been with someone who was paranoid that you were)? Was it true, were they?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating? Empty Re: Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 am

I had an awful ex who was still seeing his ex while we were dating, but that is an awful story.

Much more innocent story is a guy I dated for a month or so. We would hang out in early evening, but he had to leave early to work. He "painted factories when they were shut down for the night."

I wasn't serious about him, and rather liked that he had to "work" at ten or so. I found out one night that he was going to a different club to hang with another woman.

Though I wasn't very serious about him, it made me mad as hell because he had been totally faking being really into me. He was awkwardly professing his "love" too early. His too-fast-too-soon approach had turned me off, but he was fun, so I was just going to see how it played out. Glad I found out when I did.

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating? Empty Re: Ever Suspect Your BF/GF/Husband/Wife Was Cheating?

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:03 am

I once dated this guy for about 2 months who when I would come around him his friends, they'd sort of look at me and smirk. What really caught my attention was when none of them would ever refer to me by name when I was around. When they'd talk to me, it was very general and they'd start off like "Hey..." then say what they had to say. Didn't take long before I found out that I was just one of about five women he was showing off to his buddies. One of his friends ratted him out to me and told me I should ask about Tonya and Erin and so and so. I did over the phone and it caught him completely off guard. That was it for us.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 am

I once dated a guy who before he introduced me to his friend, he told me to tell him my name was "Eddie". I thought that was weird but went along with it. In the back of my mind I'm suspecting that Eddie must've been some other guy he was talking to and that he hadnt' told this friend about ME. . .so I'm to play "Eddie" so his buddy won't say anything around me that would bust him. I kept that thought in my head for months but didn't say anything. Finally I did, the guy I was seeing said that he had me tell him that was my name because he didn't want him to know anything about me so he'd have try and talk to me too.

I dunno know how solid that story sounded but I didnt press.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I had an awful ex who was still seeing his ex while we were dating, but that is an awful story.

Much more innocent story is a guy I dated for a month or so. We would hang out in early evening, but he had to leave early to work. He "painted factories when they were shut down for the night."

I wasn't serious about him, and rather liked that he had to "work" at ten or so. I found out one night that he was going to a different club to hang with another woman.

Though I wasn't very serious about him, it made me mad as hell because he had been totally faking being really into me. He was awkwardly professing his "love" too early. His too-fast-too-soon approach had turned me off, but he was fun, so I was just going to see how it played out. Glad I found out when I did.

Yeah. Too fast, too soon is almost always a warning sign.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Eh, yeah. But that's not a story that I feel like typing out. Because for the most part, I don't go looking for anything....even if I suspect it. The truth will come out eventually.....and it did.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Short answer is yes, I did suspect and it turned out I was right.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Yes and I was right.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 am

So glad I was young in the '60s. Never had any of those problems. We didn't cheat - we just had sex with other ppl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:25 am