CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Tony Marino
GrayWolf
CeCe
Jason B.
Nhaiyel
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
11 posters

Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys  Empty Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

Post by Marc™ Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 am

PORTLAND, Oregon, Dec. 15, 2010
    Mom Sues McDonald's over Happy Meal Toys
    Lawsuit Claims McDonald's Decision to Market Its Meals Directly to Young Children Violates Consumer Protection Laws

(AP) A California mother and The Center for Science in the Public Interest have sued McDonald's Corp. trying to get the fast-food chain to stop using toys to market meals to young children.

The lawsuit was filed in California Superior Court in San Francisco on Wednesday morning.

They claim McDonald's decision to markets its meals directly to young children violates several consumer protection laws because it exploits a child's vulnerability.

McDonald's is facing increased scrutiny for the practice. San Francisco recently became the first city to prohibit fast-food restaurants from including toys with children's meals that don't met nutritional guidelines. A similar ordinance was passed Santa Clara County.
    Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/15/business/main7152684.shtml

Is this lady serious? Who is the parent & why isn't she the one in control? Besides that, if the kid is so obsessed with the toys, you can buy the toys separately from the food if she really has to have them and can't say no.

Should McDonald's get rid of the toys they put in Happy Meals?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys  Empty Re: Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am

This lady is a dope. SHE is the parent and she can choose to not buy. She can also buy the toys separately. I remember I did that a few times as a kid when they had stuff I wanted.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys  Empty Re: Mom Sues McDonald's Over Happy Meal Toys

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 pm

I saw this on tv yesterday and rolled my eyes at this woman. Evidently kids that age have their own money and transportation to go out buy Happy Meals now, I presume. Yes, fast food is garbage, and that's why it's not supposed to be anything frequented more than once a month. When your kids ooooh and aaaah over a McDonald's commercial, tell them "no, we're eating at home." She's the type of mother who is prone to caving to temper tantrums, and I wouldn't bet against her daughter being a babysitters nightmare because of it.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I saw this on tv yesterday and rolled my eyes at this woman. Evidently kids that age have their own money and transportation to go out buy Happy Meals now, I presume. Yes, fast food is garbage, and that's why it's not supposed to be anything frequented more than once a month. When your kids ooooh and aaaah over a McDonald's commercial, tell them "no, we're eating at home." She's the type of mother who is prone to caving to temper tantrums, and I wouldn't bet against her daughter being a babysitters nightmare because of it.

Right. The wonderful thing about being the PARENT is that you are the one that guides the CHILD and makes sure they're healthy and taken care of. The child should not tell you what to do. It is her responsibility to make sure her child is putting healthy food in her stomach, so if she doesn't want the kid eating unhealthy food, the easiest thing in the world to do is to NOT get in the car and go pick up a Happy Meal.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I saw this on tv yesterday and rolled my eyes at this woman. Evidently kids that age have their own money and transportation to go out buy Happy Meals now, I presume. Yes, fast food is garbage, and that's why it's not supposed to be anything frequented more than once a month. When your kids ooooh and aaaah over a McDonald's commercial, tell them "no, we're eating at home." She's the type of mother who is prone to caving to temper tantrums, and I wouldn't bet against her daughter being a babysitters nightmare because of it.

Seriously. Sometimes the best thing people can do is just apply basic common sense. It's ok for a parent to say "no". It actually needs to be encouraged more often.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 pm

They should file a counterclaim against her for wasting their time with this shit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Thats because parents let their children rule them instead of the other way around. If the child were mine she could scream and wail all day long and I would not give in.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Once when I was about seven or eight, I asked my mom for something and she said no. I tried to keep the discussion going and my mom looked at me and said, "what gave you the impression that this is a conversation?" I went on about my business after that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I remember when I was really little, they had ads on TV for the McDonald's Happy Meals and they had like little dolls for the girls, Cabbage Patch or something, and little monster trucks for the boys, and I remember I wanted all of it, and I'm sure I said a few times 'I want that', because my brother and I always made it known when we WANTED something but we knew you didn't get everything you wanted either. We knew that we never got McDonald's anyway so it didn't matter, when I was 10 then we would get Burger King once or twice a year, on our birthdays as a treat, and we did that a couple of times and then quit because the food wasn't even that good.

bump everybody else, that mom is an idiot.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Goddamn, don't these people have anything else better to do? Maybe they should try working seven days a week like me.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 am

This makes me nutty...who has the wallet?

The whole blame game with fast food having to do with lack of nutrition or obesity is absurd...let us all buy what we want our kids to have....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:17 pm