CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
Supernova
6 posters

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree Empty Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Who does this? And why?

I have NEVER gotten this, though I know my father would certainly enjoy if we had to wait until then because he doesn't like Christmas...but to anybody who does do it, I can't figure it out because maybe you get a week of looking at it, at best, make a week and a half, but primarily it's just for two days, what's the point in that? I can understand if you have family coming and you want to wait for them but I doubt that's often the case, why would most people who do do this, wait until the last minute?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree Empty Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:28 pm

I've heard of people doing that but don't get it either. Why go to all the trouble & expense of doing that when it's just coming down right after? I insist on it being out before New Years Eve. It's even been taken down the day after Christmas once or twice. To each their own but it seems like a waste of time effort & money.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree Empty Re: Waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the tree

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:29 pm

I certainly don't do it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Maybe people have more important things to do than worry about putting up a tree. Is it really that serious? Who cares when it goes up, as long as it goes up before Christmas. I personally ain't putting up a damn thing this year and I celebrate Christmas so it really doesn't matter.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:33 am

I am actually thinking that is what I am going to try to do. I don't like a tree up, and the only reason I do is for my son...well this year, we are celebrating with Dad this weekend, so we get to see my step daughter on Christmas Eve since we are in town. I was thinking that she has never been part of decorating the tree, so why not wait till she is here?

It is great for so many reasons...one, I don't have to see a tree for more than a few days, two, she gets to decorate with her little brother, and third, when Christmas morning hits, we will be totally still into the presence of a tree.

I don't like any holiday decor....I like what I buy for and update my home with, throughout the year so I don't want fat Santas and deer to mess it up.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:50 am

A few times I have waited for Christmas Eve to put it up. About three or four years ago I had procrastinated and procrastinated. I just resolved to put up a Christmas reef decoration around my door, call it a day. Then on Christmas eve, before I went to bed I got the urge to put up the tree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 am