CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Chris
RedBedroom
6 posters

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Empty Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:23 am

What is your action when someting important is to be said, barring a phone call?

Letter, email (or FB), or in person?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Empty Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?

Post by Chris Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 am

In person, preferably. If I can't see them face to face, then email -- simply because they receive it faster than snail mail.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Empty Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?

Post by Kral Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:14 am

In person is always best but if I can't do that then I email. I know a lot of people who don't even bother to read their snail mail anymore.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:34 am

It depends on the issue. Something of a personal nature I would rather do face to face. Depends on the issue for non-personal situations.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Interesting coincidence.

Just today I was sorting some of my family fotos and documents that I had scanned. One scan was of a Telegram sent from St. Louis to the family in Mississippi announcing my sister's birth in 1949. I just came into possesion of it recently and my sister had never seen it so I scanned it last year and e-mailed it to her on her 60th B'day.

How quaint the technology was then. If you wanted the mail to get ther faster you paid extra for "air mail" and they had special light-weight paper and envelopes to write it on.

As for important messages, phone call has it. Next comes e-mail because most ppl do check that regularly (but some surprisingly don't) As for the social networks, can't be relied that someone will logon and check it on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, they don't deliver telegrams to a person's door anymore.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 pm

RedBedroom wrote:What is your action when someting important is to be said, barring a phone call?

Letter, email (or FB), or in person?

If it's urgent, then in person or email. If it's not that pressing, but still is something that needs to be said, then I will sometimes still send a handwritten letter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 am