CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Tony Marino
MediaWatchOz
Supernova
GrayWolf
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
10 posters

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen? Empty If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 pm

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

If I had to choose anything, I think it would be personal, rather than a global or national happening. It would be the day I was born. I think it would give me more insight into my parents' history, and I don't have a lot of info on that, and never did.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen? Empty Re: If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Great topic. The premise is to look but not touch (not to change the course of history?) If I could only choose one event I’d say the third day after Jesus’ execution but I’d rather witness events from the last supper to that point.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen? Empty Re: If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Post by GrayWolf Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 am

The end of World War II.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:49 am

Now that's a hard one, because to be in the past my main goal would be to participate in the events. To just watch? ROFLMAO! Okay I think I've got one...I don't know the exact date on this, but I would've loved to have been in the audience at a concert David Bowie was doing in the 70's when in the middle of a song he fell off the stage, into the house, and through all of it, he never missed a beat...that is either very devoted or very stoned and I would've loved to have been there to see it for myself.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:45 am

I'd also like to be behind the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63 as they drove by.
    MediaWatchOz
    MediaWatchOz
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen? Empty * If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Post by MediaWatchOz Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:18 am

The only thing I would find interesting from the past would be there to see the moment the Class System came to be. If we believe all people are born equal, I would like to see the person or group of people who were the 1st to say...your beneath me I and my family/aires/friends will forever more be superior to you.

There is a class system amongst all races on this earth....who was the 1st and what made them come to this conclusion and how did they pull it off.

We all know we will never rid Humanity of this Class System; where there is no equality there can be no peace.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:36 am

The Woodstock Festival 1969.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

IDK, so much. lol
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am

Corny as it sounds I'm gonna say the bicentennial.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 am

Tony Marino wrote:The Woodstock Festival 1969.

Y'know I really was at a loss to pick one event, but this would be a good point. I missed Woodstock but went to the Atlanta Pop Festival in July 1970, which was a sequel in many ways. Woulda been nice to be at both.

RobbieFTW wrote:Corny as it sounds I'm gonna say the bicentennial.
    It wasn't such a big deal, altho ppl weren't as apathetic then as they are now. Lots of mention and special remembrances but most ppl not history buffs just went about their business. Well, maybe in the NorthEast it was more of a deal. I was in New Orleans.

Last edited by Shale on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:34 am

The MLK '63 March on Washington.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 am

Wadsworth wrote:The MLK '63 March on Washington.
    OH! Another great choice where looking back at the significance you wish you could have been there. (I was just finishing Basic Training in the Air Force)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 am

That's a really good one Tony.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm

alan smithee wrote:

That's a really good one Tony.

Thanks Alan! What I would not give to be part of that music history in time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:52 am