CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CeCe
TPP
Chris
Cheaps
Jason B.
9 posters

Shopping Online vs. Retail Stores

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Shopping Online vs. Retail Stores Empty Shopping Online vs. Retail Stores

Post by Jason B. Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 am

Which do you prefer, shopping online or going out and buying the stuff yourself and taking taking it home? To date I have NEVER bought anything online from a retail seller. The only things I bought were specialty items from people who were selling off something they had that I wanted. But I have never gone to amazon.com, ebay or a stores website and ordered an item to be delivered to my place.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Shopping Online vs. Retail Stores Empty Re: Shopping Online vs. Retail Stores

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:03 am

i bought shoes online,, thats the only thing ive ever bought online. if i had known them same pair of shoes i bought woulda been in the store one week later i woulda went to the store.

it kinda took the fun outta goin in, tryin on diff shoes and so i prolly wont be doin that again. unless there is a bomb ass pair thats only offered online
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 am

Lately I've been ordering pretty much all of my media (books, movies, music) from online retail sellers, since it has become increasingly difficult to find these things in shopping centers, with the stores that specialize in them more and more shutting down. Clothes and apparel, though, no; I go out and buy those for the most part.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I buy everything except for clothing and perishable groceries online. With Amazon Mom you get free two day shipping and 30% off so it's such a great deal and I don't have to drag 5 kids out to the store!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm

^^I have Prime & love the 2 day free shipping. It's impossible to find some things now like Chris said & I really like being able to just have it delivered rather than drive all over town looking for it.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I like online shopping quite a bit because they have a larger variety of things. And also with online shopping, you don't have to go through the hassle of fighting crowds or traffic, etc. But if you buy something at an actual retail store, that's pretty convenient because you get to wear it or watch it (or whatever it may be) right that day - it's just finding it that can be hard! So online shopping is good for selection and store shopping is good for instant gratification.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Jason B. wrote:Which do you prefer, shopping online or going out and buying the stuff yourself and taking taking it home? To date I have NEVER bought anything online from a retail seller. The only things I bought were specialty items from people who were selling off something they had that I wanted. But I have never gone to amazon.com, ebay or a stores website and ordered an item to be delivered to my place.

You should try it. A hell of a lot easier. I do a lot of shopping online. eBay I really don't fuck with, but everyone else for the most part, I do. Especially when I get free shipping. Music to my ears.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

I think part of the reason why shopping online never that much appealed to me was because of the shipping time. Even though some places have overnight delivery. I know I'm gonna have to convert to online shopping sooner or later though, it's the wave of today and tomorrow.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I do both, but for clothing for myself, I never would. It is too much bother to ship it back if it is a wrong fit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm

I shop online for my books, DVD's, CD's and just about anything that is not clothing. Clothes I prefer to buy in the store but I have bought a few items of clothing online and that was because I was sure it would fit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:53 pm