CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Supernova
6 posters

Do you wear jewelry?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you wear jewelry? Empty Do you wear jewelry?

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:18 pm

This is mainly for the women but anybody can answer.

As a child I had a lot of the toy and costume jwelry, first one I ever had that was of any worth, my mother gave me a ruby necklace when I was about 8 and it was I think 10 karats, but I don't know where it is anymore. I don't wear any jewelry anymore and haven't for about 10 years, to me the whole thing is just impractical and useful only for costumes. And the part about it that really sucked was when I was 13/14 for my birthday and Christmas I kept getting those birthstone necklace/pierced earring sets (I don't have pierced ears) from all the relatives, several copies of something I don't want and have no use for. Today people generally know better; I've still kept some of the cheap stuff I used to get out of machines for sentimental reasons, but I personally find the concept of jewelry to be quite pointless. How about everyone else?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you wear jewelry? Empty Re: Do you wear jewelry?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

I love big gaudy rings that are fake. They are fun and quirky to me. I used to be the same with necklaces, but then started to wear a certain chain, and that small amount of superstition in me refuses to take it off (long story). So, my really cool collection of necklaces sit, unworn. I should part with them, but I just can't.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:55 pm

I really dislike yellow gold & wear some silver jewelry. 3 earrings in each ear, 3 or 4 rings, couple bracelets & that's about it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

When women are dressed formally, I think they look stunning wearing a nice pair of earrings and a necklace to compliment what they are wearing.

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 pm

I personally like the look of earrings but they freak my husband out. He's got this weird thing about piercings...Thankfully he doesn't mind tattoos. So I wear them when I want to look "especially pretty" but not if I'm dressing up specifically for him. I wear usually one ring, either my wedding band or my claddaugh ring, or an antique turquoise ring that I have. I don't wear necklaces because when I try to sleep they choke me and I never remember to take them off, plus my kids always pull on them and break them. My parents always give me jewelry for Christmas though so I have quite a bit.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Yes, I have a Prince Albert, but they won't let me post a picture of it here. big grin

No, all my jewelry is on the upper part of my bod. A blue Topaz post in my left ear.

And a white metal chain that I never take off. You can see it in my Av pic. IDK what the metal is, could be nickel or stainless. It shines and never tarnishes like silver does on me. I also don't remember where I got it, probably found it somewhere.

I have been wearing it since the early 1980s and it has never been taken off. It has no clasp - I made a continuous link back before I needed glasses to do that kind of stuff. It has gone thru 3 surgeries without coming off.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 pm

It has gone thru 3 surgeries without coming off.

How the heck did you manage that? I have had two surgeries (c-section and on my neck) and both times they made me take out the tragus piercing in my ear, which is near impossible to remove and both times they said that either I get it out or they cut it off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 am