CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Marc™
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
AtownPeep
8 posters

Where Are You In Your Family?

Poll

Where Do You Fall With Your Sibs

[ 4 ]
    Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_left67%Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_left0%Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_left33%Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_left0%Where Are You In Your Family? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Where Are You In Your Family? Empty Where Are You In Your Family?

Post by AtownPeep Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:17 pm

I was reading a study on birth order and how it affects personalities. I don't really like what it has to say about the youngest - which I am. I was wondering, in your family, where are you?

Oldest child:
    Highest achievers; Highest IQ; Greatest educational success and fewest academic problems; Highest motivation and need for achievement; Overrepresented among college students, graduate students, college faculty, and other learned groups; Most affiliative under stress; Least conventional sexuality; Most affiliative.

Middle child:
    Fewest "acting out" problems; Sociable; Greatest feeling of not belonging; Successful in team sports; Relates well to older and younger people; Competes in areas not attempted by oldest; Lowest need for intellectual achievement.

Youngest child:
    Greatest over-representation of psychiatric disorders; Most likely to be an alcoholic (increases with family size); Empathetic; Characteristics of Oldest in anxiety and fear if five years younger than next oldest; Highest representation among writers (especially autobiographers and family historians); Over-represented in activities involving social interplay; Most popular.

Single child:
    High need for achievement; Highest achievers (except for Oldest Child); Most likely to go to college; Most behavior problems; Lowest need for affiliation; Most need for affiliation under stress; Loners and lonely; Under-represented among psychiatric clients; Most likely to be referred for clinical; Act as Single children if 7 year difference.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Where Are You In Your Family? Empty Re: Where Are You In Your Family?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm my mother's oldest child. I'm my father's second youngest. I don't think I fit many of the descriptions of either one of those.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Im the youngest and I don't fit the description at all!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Even though I have a 13 y/o half sister, I grew up an only child....so that last one is about right.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Im the youngest and I don't fit the description at all!

co-signs me either!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

AtownPeep wrote:
    Oldest child:
    Highest achievers; Highest IQ; Greatest educational success and fewest academic problems; Highest motivation and need for achievement; Overrepresented among college students, graduate students, college faculty, and other learned groups; Most affiliative under stress; Least conventional sexuality; Most affiliative.

Youngest child:
    Greatest over-representation of psychiatric disorders; Most likely to be an alcoholic (increases with family size); Empathetic; Characteristics of Oldest in anxiety and fear if five years younger than next oldest; Highest representation among writers (especially autobiographers and family historians); Over-represented in activities involving social interplay; Most popular.
    Well anecdotally, in my family this it absolute bullshit. I am the oldest child and my sister being the only other is the youngest. (5-year spread in age)

I did alright in HS, went into the service and have been bouncing around for the rest of my life from one different job or another. I have gained vast life experience but never applied myself to any one thing and except for some technical courses am still merely a HS grad. Oh yes this little blurb about the youngest; "Highest representation among writers, especially autobiographers and family historians" That happens to be me - the oldest.

My younger sister is a college grad who has worked for years as a legal aide or something constructing social security claims cases in court, traveling around the country. A high end job that I, as a slacker could never countenance.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Oldest of two. We're 2 1/2 years apart. I don't put much stock in what that study says - made me wonder if they'd only studied older families and it really doesn't seem to take culture into account. In some cultures you're more defined by your gender than your position in the family.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 am

I'm the baby, but the description doesn't apply to me at all. "Most likely to be an alcoholic." blank stare @ you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:16 pm