CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names

FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names Empty For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names

Post by FightSleep Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 am

Do you think students should be able to call their teachers by their first names if the teacher is ok with it? Most of the time its the school admin that have more of a problem with that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names Empty Re: For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 am

Sure, why not?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names Empty Re: For or Against Students Calling Teachers By Their 1st Names

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 pm

No, not at all. In general, kids are getting less and less polite these days and I think that because the adults at one's school are authority figures it only stands to reason that they be addressed accordingly. I am also against classroom helpers being called "Miss [insert first name]".
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

KIDS shouldn't do it in a grade/middle/high school setting. I think if the instructor is okay with it, college students are okay to do it, even if I personally think it's more appropriate to you a more official title.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

If they can still maintain classroom discipline and teach their students what they’re supposed to be teaching them, that’s their business. That being said, in my day, even the “cool” teachers wanted to be called Mr., Mrs., etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:03 am