CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

No Strings Attached

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

No Strings Attached Empty No Strings Attached

Post by Shale Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 pm

No Strings Attached
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    January 21, 2011

Adam (Ashton Kutcher) and Emma (Natalie Portman) have been casual friends since adolescence but run into each other again and exchange numbers. He is working on a TV series like Glee or something and she has just landed a job as a doctor at a local hospital.

When Adam finds out his weird actor dad (Kevin Kline) is shacking up with his former girlfriend, he goes into meltdown and with the help of his buds who cheer him on in an admittedly stupid self-destructive idea, he's on a mission to call all the girls in his phone until he finds one to have sex with. It takes some time and he is drinking.

Adam goaded on by his buds
    No Strings Attached 72550_gal

He wakes up naked on a couch with a couple women and a gay male making entrances into the room. Turn's out it is his old friend Emma's apartment and all her roommates are doctors. And he didn't have sex with any of them - yet.

Emma is a busy doctor and lacks social skills to get romantically involved with someone (you know, afraid to make herself vulnerable to getting hurt). Of course she still likes having sex with hunks like Adam so she proposes they be "friends with benefits."

Adam & Emma in Bed (Just Friends With Benefits)
    No Strings Attached 00017969

Being a young guy, Adam is up to this kind of relationship, but soon finds himself falling for this aloof sex partner who just wants him available at any hour and not be obligated to have breakfast with him. So, he starts courting her - which makes her balk.

A Balloon for Having Sex With Him
    No Strings Attached 72545_gal

So you know the rest of the formula - conflict between potential lovers that separates them, but you probably guessed that they will eventually get together. We know the story, they only differ in the scenery and actors. So, predictable. That's why I like rom-coms - enjoy the fantasy onscreen.

I enjoyed the movie, but Kutcher and Portman make a good pairing. Even tho Kevin Kline is playing a complete jerk there is one scene where he gets upstaged by a cute Pomeranian and he plays ad libs along the dogs actions.

BTW, you may have heard that Ashton Kutcher shows much of his bod in this R-rated flick. Well in the couch scene he is covered only by a hand towel and has to walk into a bedroom to retrieve his clothes. Yep, the boy's got a good physique - and a cute ass.

Ashton Kutcher's Butt

No Strings Attached Ashton_kutcher_naked_butt
    JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

No Strings Attached Empty Re: No Strings Attached

Post by JWF Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I was forced by my lady friend to attend this film (lol). Anyway, I am a big fan of Ms. Portman's "Black Swan". Thus, this romantic comedy part is an about-face. It follows traditional genre's, with a few twitch, but generally, it predictable. IMO---best part of the film is watching Greta Gerwig and Lake Bell.

Show me someone (couple) who maintains a casual no commitment relationship and I'll spoil the ending for you. Oh! You already figured it out.

Check-out this film due later this year. Sounds alike. "Friends with Benefits" (2011) - IMDb

Jack

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 am