CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Impact
Tony Marino
6 posters

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE Empty I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:19 am

I saw the unrated version last night, Guys you might not want to see this one, its a story of a girl that is brutally beaten and raped by 5 guys and her revenge!!!! It was pretty good!! While I don't condone this type of behavior it was all part of the story. Its also a re-make, I remember seeing the original and it pretty much sucked.

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE Empty Re: I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

Post by Impact Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am

I saw the original version that came out in 78 (?) a long time ago on VHS. It was extremely brutal and graphic. Heard it was originally MPAA rated X.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 am

Tony Marino wrote:I saw the unrated version last night, Guys you might not want to see this one, its a story of a girl that is brutally beaten and raped by 5 guys and her revenge!!!! It was pretty good!! While I don't condone this type of behavior it was all part of the story. Its also a re-make, I remember seeing the original and it pretty much sucked.

How did you see it? Is it still playing locally, or have they put it out on DVD? I saw the original many years ago and was so put off by the graphic violence of rape and murder that when the remake came, I wasn't sure I wanted to sit through it. Seems like it would be a good movie, but one I would need to gripe myself for.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I saw the unrated version last night, Guys you might not want to see this one, its a story of a girl that is brutally beaten and raped by 5 guys and her revenge!!!! It was pretty good!! While I don't condone this type of behavior it was all part of the story. Its also a re-make, I remember seeing the original and it pretty much sucked.

How did you see it? Is it still playing locally, or have they put it out on DVD? I saw the original many years ago and was so put off by the graphic violence of rape and murder that when the remake came, I wasn't sure I wanted to sit through it. Seems like it would be a good movie, but one I would need to gripe myself for.

My friend has a bootleg of it, its actually being released next month on DVD. What made it worth seeing is because of the revenge she got on her attackers, the unrated version is a bit graphic but much to the point. The revenge is pretty creative.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:27 am

Impact wrote:I saw the original version that came out in 78 (?) a long time ago on VHS. It was extremely brutal and graphic. Heard it was originally MPAA rated X.

When I heard they were re-making it about 2 years ago, I borrowed a friends copy of the original. It was pretty graphic but very much dated.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I saw the unrated version last night, Guys you might not want to see this one, its a story of a girl that is brutally beaten and raped by 5 guys and her revenge!!!! It was pretty good!! While I don't condone this type of behavior it was all part of the story.

Actually, it surprises me how much I do condone this type of revenge. Loved both Taken and Law Abiding Citizen, as I did the original Death Wish. We live in a world where JUSTICE is so often lacking that these fictions fill a needed void of comeupance for evil ppl.

I even delight when reading the news of a drunk or texting driver killing him/herself by running into a tree or lamp post instead of hitting and running from a dead cyclist on the side of the road.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:29 pm

The original is pretty dated now but was brutal for its time, I'm almost afraid to see how in this day and age they went about rebooting it. Was it very graphic Tony?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Shale wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I saw the unrated version last night, Guys you might not want to see this one, its a story of a girl that is brutally beaten and raped by 5 guys and her revenge!!!! It was pretty good!! While I don't condone this type of behavior it was all part of the story.

Actually, it surprises me how much I do condone this type of revenge. Loved both Taken and Law Abiding Citizen, as I did the original Death Wish. We live in a world where JUSTICE is so often lacking that these fictions fill a needed void of comeupance for evil ppl.

I even delight when reading the news of a drunk or texting driver killing him/herself by running into a tree or lamp post instead of hitting and running from a dead cyclist on the side of the road.

I should have been more clear, I don't condone rape. I liked Law Abiding Citizen and Taken as well.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:The original is pretty dated now but was brutal for its time, I'm almost afraid to see how in this day and age they went about rebooting it. Was it very graphic Tony?

Cat I saw the unrated version so yes it was pretty graphic.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 am

Interesting. Didn't even know it had been remade. I'd seen it at Amazon but didn't click on it because I thought it had just been remastered for a re-release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:05 pm