CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Michael Jackson vs Prince

DarkOblivion
    DarkOblivion
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Michael Jackson vs Prince Empty Michael Jackson vs Prince

Post by DarkOblivion Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I've always considered Michael Jackson to be a true genius.

I've also since 1996 liked Prince. i would say now hes my second favorite artist.

To be honest I consider Prince to be a poor mans Michael Jackson, but he puts out albums on a regular basis and i find most of them enjoyable, but never to the level of MJ's. Prince helps fill the time between Michael's albums.

I would say Michael is a far better singer, Dancer and songwriter. I also Think his live shows are the best ever. As far as musicianship goes prince can play more but I think Michael is maybe better on piano.

Prince is good but he at his best for me when doing pop type music and when he does I always hear Michael's influence in that music.

For me Michael is a 10/10

Prince a 8/10
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Michael Jackson vs Prince Empty Re: Michael Jackson vs Prince

Post by Chris Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm

To me, they are apples and oranges, and I never quite understood the desire to compare them (other than them both peaking at the same time.) Michael was a much better entertainer and showman, but Prince's artistry was superior. With Michael, it was always too much about wanting to astonish, bedazzle and holding the world hostage with his music. It's like he never did anything without considering its chart potential (and I think that came from those early years of competing in talent shows with the Jackson 5, with Joe at the whip. It was always about beating the competition and being the best.) Prince never tried to recapture, recreate or play on the hype of Purple Rain, which IMO made his artistry more sincere.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Genius at what? Prince is a poor man's MJ? LOL. Let's keep it official....I love MJ as much as the next person because I grew up on him, but as I got older, I don't hold him in the same regard as I used to. Most people would favor MJ because he's the most popular and he's who you're most familiar with. I'm a fan of authentic musicianship however. I'm a fan of lyrics. Prince puts out a lot of music, so he's bound to have a few bad albums, but when he's releases gems....they are truly gems. Prince is an artist where you can't even define him with one particular style or genre. He's pop, he's R&B, he's funk, he's soul, he's rock, he's jazz. Prince is the better songwriter. Prince is the better musician. And I would've given the better entertainer at least to MJ, but I've been to two Prince shows......I don't know if I can even that to MJ anymore. MJ has put out great albums, but let's face it....he's always ran to the most popular producers of the time for his hits. So now, with the exception of Off The Wall and Thriller, mostly everthing Mike has ever released sounds dated. And the last good, solid album he released was Dangerous. He was a good songwriter, but never wrote as much as I think he should've. He was definitely the better dancer. But that's about it. Both artists are ridiculously talented, so it's all a matter of preference. My preference of course, is the almighty Purple One.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 am