CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Chris
TPP
8 posters

Today...

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Today... Empty Today...

Post by TPP Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

I got into my first car accident while I was driving. I've been rear ended before but this sucked worse. I stopped at a stop sign, looked, didn't see anyone, pulled forward and suddenly from my right a truck came barreling out into the intersection, I slammed on my breaks and made contact with his door sad

He told me that I could leave, then I noticed he was slurring his words and reeked of alcohol. His truck would not start.

I was really scared...

I'm fine though, and after a long wait (like 2 hours) he passed a field sobriety test. He was driving without a license and was ticketed for failure to yield though and the skid marks show what happened...He was just going so fast.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Today... Empty Re: Today...

Post by Chris Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:21 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote: I got into my first car accident while I was driving. I've been rear ended before but this sucked worse. I stopped at a stop sign, looked, didn't see anyone, pulled forward and suddenly from my right a truck came barreling out into the intersection, I slammed on my breaks and made contact with his door sad

He told me that I could leave, then I noticed he was slurring his words and reeked of alcohol. His truck would not start.

I was really scared...

I'm fine though, and after a long wait (like 2 hours) he passed a field sobriety test. He was driving without a license and was ticketed for failure to yield though and the skid marks show what happened...He was just going so fast.

Whoa. I'm really sorry to read this, TPP. I'm glad that you're okay, but watch yourself over the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours, just to make sure.

Not to dwell on it if you're not up for talking about it, but how bad was the damage to your car? What happened to the guy, was he taken in? Again, though, I'm glad to hear that you are okay. Those weekend accidents, something especially eerie about them.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 pm

He passed the field sobriety test but admitted he had been drinking. So he was sited for failure to yield. He didn't have a license but it wasn't suspended.

He didn't get arrested though. He was going so fast! And he said that we should both just leave, was really nice...Until I called the cops.

I haven't taken my car in yet, but the front passenger side is pretty bad. However the lights all still work so the cop said it's completely street legal...I bet it's at least 3000 to fix though.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 pm

I just realized I already said half of that, lol. I'm just in shock I guess...

It was so strange. My husband said that he had a dream last night that I got into an accident and he told me in the middle of the night, but I was asleep I guess.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:He passed the field sobriety test but admitted he had been drinking. So he was sited for failure to yield. He didn't have a license but it wasn't suspended.

He didn't get arrested though. He was going so fast! And he said that we should both just leave, was really nice...Until I called the cops.

I haven't taken my car in yet, but the front passenger side is pretty bad. However the lights all still work so the cop said it's completely street legal...I bet it's at least 3000 to fix though.

Even if he passed the sobriety test, I think he still should have been taken in. He was drinking, was probably exceeding the speed limit, was driving on a suspended license and caused an accident?! Please.

Again, I'm glad you are okay. Anytime someone is able to literally walk away from an accident, they were blessed.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 pm

that's true!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Whenever one of us leaves the house my wife and I usually always say "be careful" to the other even if we're just going around the corner to the 7-11. It's for just these kind of "occassions". I'm so glad you made it home safe to your family.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Oh, I am so sorry to read that. What a horrible thing. I am really surprised that he didn't have to be taken in for a blood alcohol level to be drawn. Sounds to me like he deserved worse, legal wise. But, you are ok, and that is really all that matters. Hugs to you!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:26 am

Oh no sad sorry to hear that but glad you're ok!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 am

Very scary - wow! I don't know if I'd have wanted to drive after that. The guy should have been taken in. No wonder he wanted to just leave. Where I live, the drunk driving laws have REALLY been tightened up. If you refuse a breathe sample or blow higher than 0.08, you car can be impounded for 90 days and you can get a $500 fine. If you blow 0.05-0.79, you can loose your car for 3 days and get a $200 fine for the first offence, and a longer band and higher fines for each increasing infraction.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 am

The guy got off way too easy. That he was driving on a suspended license alone should have been enough to get him hauled in....believe me, I know....
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks everyone. I thought it was strange too and had a long chat with one of the police officers about it. Apparently smelling like alcohol and admitting that you've been drinking is not probable cause for a breathalyzer, so you have to consent, unless you fail a field sobriety test. I personally believe, that because there was only one officer available to do the fst and he was in another city at the time, the guy got off because we had to wait so long.

But whatevs...The thing is, I just wanted myself protected, I didn't want HIM to get in trouble. I'm hoping that because he was sited for failure to yield the insurance companies will side with me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

I am glad that you are o.k.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content