CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
7 posters

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) Empty The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

What do you think about this lady? Ultra strict Chinese mother who cracks the whip on her kids, allows them little to no leisure activity. Some say it's too extreme, but her kids are accomplished, so I can't hate.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting) Empty Re: The Tiger Mom (Extreme Parenting)

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Another woman trying to get her 15 mins in the limelight by peddling her needless book. Ya know, nothing she's doing is anything new. Strict parenting has been around forever. As long as she didn't abuse her kids, I don't see a problem with how she rasied them. So what. It works for some people. Every parent is different and I don't like this air of superiority she has as if she's doing a better job than parents who choose not to go that route. And I do think she's extremely lucky those girls haven't rebelled against her................................................................................yet?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:And I do think she's extremely lucky those girls haven't rebelled against her................................................................................yet?

And they will, if they haven't already. She's the type of parent whose kids are accomplished goody-goody's on the surface, but wind up getting pregnant by accident. Kids of parents like her are likely to only give the illusion of "clean."
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 am

Time will tell if her kids remain successful and also how happy they truly are with her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 am

She seems like of an overbearing soccer mom-type to me.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 am

It's okay to call your children "garbage" because they'll understand how much you care about them. Really? Her kids are going to bounce off the walls when they get to college, and experience their first taste of freedom away from her.

I was raised in a similar environmen­t. It took years for me not to completely hate my mother with every cell in my body. Now she is older, still thinks everything she did was correct and can't understand why all her children view her as toxic.

I assume she's putting enough money away to pay for her children's therapy bills. Lord knows, they're going to need it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

This woman is a loon. I saw her interviewed on Joy Behar's show (the news one, not the View) and she did some back peddling on the views in her book. I don't know how staunchly she is supporting her words in other interviews, as seeing that one was enough for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:05 am