CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Shale
RobbieFTW
femme fatale
9 posters

What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion? Empty What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion?

Post by femme fatale Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:15 am

The film doc "My Foetus" features commentary from both pro-life and pro-choice activists. The documentary has appeared on TV in both the UK and Australia and shows an abortion taking place, as well as images of 10, 11 and 21-week-old aborted fetuses. Do you think that showing this even in doc form is distasteful and going too far, and should it be shown on a TV network like PBS?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion? Empty Re: What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 am

Distasteful IMO. Some things don't need to televised. Why would anybody even wanna see that?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion? Empty Re: What do you think about a documentary showing an abortion?

Post by Shale Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 am

Good that it's there for the ppl who want to watch it. You don't have to watch it if you find it distasteful.

My only concern is that some christian moralist will try to pass a law requiring women to watch it before they can get an abortion. That is not a part of common medical practice. It would be like making me watch a hernia repair surgery or a metal plate being screwed into my tibia before I got those surgeries. Some ppl just aren't ready to see the inside of a cut open body. (altho, actually I would like to watch such and used to watch The Operation on Discovery when I had cable)

And this is not a far-fetched concern. The newest pushy christian tactic in legislatures is to require women to see a sonogram of the fetus before getting an abortion.

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 am

i wouldnt wanna watch it, but far be it from me to deny others who would
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

Very distasteful.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

It's not anything I'd wanna see, but if it fits anywhere on TV, it's PBS.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Highly recommended. Knowledge is never a bad thing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 pm

As long as it isn't forced on anyone to view, it doesn't matter to me that it would be made.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:33 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's got be a messy, emotional procedure. And if bothers people, then they shouldn't watch it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:17 pm