CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
Kral
TSJFan4Ever
tmontyb
8 posters

OLTL Actor Leaving?

tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

OLTL Actor Leaving? Empty OLTL Actor Leaving?

Post by tmontyb Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 am

I'm OLTL's #1 fan, but I refuse to discuss it here for obvious reasons. Anyway, here is what I read. How do I feel about this if it's true? I will never tell.

One Life to Live, ABC — Is St. John leaving Michael Easton?!
    • Is One Life preparing for Trevor St. John’s exit this spring? According to Soaps In Depth, the Soap Opera Spirit Award winner is said to be exiting when his contract expires in April! OK, collect yourselves, St. John fans. While I don’t blame the phenomenal actor for bolting, I need to run to my therapist now because St. John makes One Life bearable for me solely because of his inspired acting choices. Does that mean Roger Howarth is coming back? I have no intel, but it sure looks that way.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

OLTL Actor Leaving? Empty Re: OLTL Actor Leaving?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 am

If Trevor is leaving, I will be too. I won't waste time with OLTL anymore. ABC has a history of loosing or getting rid of their best and brightest and keeping those with lesser talent. Trevor is far too good for OLTL.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 am

I read that too from TV Guide online. Nelson Branco isn't too trustworthy and could be playing on all the gossip dirt flying around right now just for readers. But if it's true that TSJ is out, then OLTL just freed up an daily hour of my time.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am

tmontyb, you're free to discuss OLTL here if it's your favorite show. Yes, many of us are big TSJ/Todd fans and are defensive about it, but much of that comes from being at other forums where big RH/Todd fans (and Todd haters in general) savagely argued in defensive of their guy, which meant slings and arrows at TSJ.

Even if you would rather not discuss Todd here, you are more than welcome to talk about other happenings on the show. Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:38 am

I will tell you how I feel aobut it, I will be one angry Fan if this is true. Part of me is thinking the producers of the show are creating this Todd chaos just to boost the ratings and opening the door for RH return to the show. I also read that TSJ is not leaving the show.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:46 am

When it comes to TSJ exit rumors, I have become numb. In the eight years since he joined the cast, the grapevine has constantly had him on his way out the door, and yet he hasn't departed once.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 am

I am wondering where in SID this is even said. I can't see TSJ leaving right now, ESPECIALLY if RH is returning. Come on, if TSJ was an impostor, they couldn't just let him leave. Not to mention the fallout from the bully story is said to head into the summer and that obviously will involve Todd.

Right now, TSJ leaving just makes no sense. I don't believe it yet.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah - and the radical RH fans love feeding into it and stirring things up.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Having seen RH in an episode.

1. I don't see how TSJ's acting choices are so radically different.

2. RH's acting does NOT seem nearly as good. He seemed so wooden and flat compared to TSJ.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Yeah - and the radical RH fans love feeding into it and stirring things up.

And making things up in their own heads, you should see some of the ridiculous things I have read LOL.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:Having seen RH in an episode.

2. RH's acting does NOT seem nearly as good. He seemed so wooden and flat compared to TSJ.

Exactly RH as Todd was always brooding and angry, TSJ just breathed life into Todd and changed him around so he is more human.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:Having seen RH in an episode.

Exactly RH as Todd was always brooding and angry, TSJ just breathed life into Todd and changed him around so he is more human.

IMO, I think TSJ turned the character into something that he's not. Well, I really don't blame TSJ, I blame the writers, they took the character in a direction that RH refused to play. The character just isn't the same at all.

Anyway, one can hardly judge RH based on one episode.

Carry on!

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 am

Tony Marino wrote:Exactly RH as Todd was always brooding and angry, TSJ just breathed life into Todd and changed him around so he is more human.

Yeah - I saw more than enough clips of RH's Todd to know that it was not a show I had any interest in as long as he was a key player. He's also one of the main reasons I didn't stick around ATWT. Between his character and Carly, I just couldn't get into the show, no matter how many times I tried.
    ginamorgan
    ginamorgan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

OLTL Actor Leaving? Empty keep Trevor St John..if he leaves I will too....

Post by ginamorgan Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:21 am

tmontyb wrote:I'm OLTL's #1 fan, but I refuse to discuss it here for obvious reasons. Anyway, here is what I read. How do I feel about this if it's true? I will never tell.

One Life to Live, ABC — Is St. John leaving Michael Easton?!
    • Is One Life preparing for Trevor St. John’s exit this spring? According to Soaps In Depth, the Soap Opera Spirit Award winner is said to be exiting when his contract expires in April! OK, collect yourselves, St. John fans. While I don’t blame the phenomenal actor for bolting, I need to run to my therapist now because St. John makes One Life bearable for me solely because of his inspired acting choices. Does that mean Roger Howarth is coming back? I have no intel, but it sure looks that way.
    [b]
    ginamorgan
    ginamorgan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by ginamorgan Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 am

Trevor St John is the reason I started watching OLTL..I tried several times when Roger Howarth was Todd,he couldnt hold my interest.When I tuned in one day and seen Trevor,I was hooked,and OLTL is now my favorite soap. Roger was was one dimensional,and Trevor is multi layered,and interesting.If Trevor leaves I will too.If the writer's think bringing Roger Back will Spike Rating's,It wont.Ask any "As the world turns" Viewer.Roger didnt save that ship from sinking!How many times did Roger leave OLTL? Trevor perfected the role of Todd,and he now OWNS it...
    jstone
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by jstone Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:01 am

I am trying to stay positive that Trevor will stay on this show as Todd. He is the main reason I watch the rest of the show. If he is replaced then OLTL comes off the DVR. I was excited about Ted King's addition to this show but his arrival has been overshadowed by everything else. At the moment I am enjoying Clint however Tomas and Clint are not enough to keep me watching this show if TSJ is replaced as Todd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:22 pm