CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Rainmaker
Jason B.
Alan Smithee
Kral
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
12 posters

The ‘Dallas’ Discussion Thread. [merged]

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The ‘Dallas’ Discussion Thread. [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The ‘Dallas’ Discussion Thread. [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am

Supernova wrote:I saw the first two episodes with my mom the other night, and I think something you do have to wonder is WHY would anybody want to live like the Ewings? Everybody spends every waking minute cheating and screwing over every other member of that family, it reminds me of Howard Hughes' family.

Since I never watched the original I can only assume its just like Dynasty, same thing everyone bed hopping and stabbing everyone in the back.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The ‘Dallas’ Discussion Thread. [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The ‘Dallas’ Discussion Thread. [merged]

Post by Chris Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:44 pm

It was a pretty good premiere episode. I decided to watch it again.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:01 am

It was really good. Loved how JR is like 100 and still as devious as ever. Also like how Christopher and John Ross are cousins (JR and Bobby's sons) are basically mirrors of their fathers and have the same kind of contentious relationship. This should be really good.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:15 pm

After reading this, I seen that TNT was showing back to back episodes today. I had it on the TV in the lobby here at work. It came on after check out time Smile, I wasn't able to fully pay attention. But what I did manage to see piqued my interest, so I'm gonna have to start DVR'ing this and re-watch the first 2 episodes.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Supernova wrote:I saw the first two episodes with my mom the other night, and I think something you do have to wonder is WHY would anybody want to live like the Ewings? Everybody spends every waking minute cheating and screwing over every other member of that family, it reminds me of Howard Hughes' family.

Money & power. People who have it want more of it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 am

yeah... but bobby was always a "good guy" and opposed the bad things that JR did. He still came across in the new one that he was a good guy.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am

wants2laugh wrote:yeah... but bobby was always a "good guy" and opposed the bad things that JR did. He still came across in the new one that he was a good guy.

Yeah, they gotta have that uncorrupted one to bring in the conflict & contrast.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Been trying to refresh my memory about the original show because it's been so long but...

maybe?
    Spoiler:
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 am

embarassed Meant to put this up the other day...

'Dallas' renewed for second season by TNT

by James Hibberd

The Ewings will ride again next year.

TNT has renewed its reboot of the 1980s classic Dallas for a second season. The cable network has just ordered another 15 episodes of the Texas drama, which will debut in 2013. So far, the show is averaging 6.9 million viewers for its first season. The pickup follows on the heels of TNT renewing Rizzoli & Isles for a fourth season.

“Dallas has been a success for us on every level: pitch-perfect writing, smart directing and buzz-worthy performances by a new generation of stars and their iconic counterparts,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT. “With Dallas’ top-flight ratings, robust growth through time-shifted viewing and the extensive online buzz, it’s clear the Ewings of Southfork have once again captured the imagination of viewers.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/29/dallas-renewed/
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Season premiere tonight, who's watching and what is your prediction? Mine is a cliffhanger leaving us to wonder if Bobby lives or dies.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 am

Anybody catch the 2 hour season 2 premiere tonight?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 am