CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
tandmfan
stavdash
ForeverJash
SecHandNews
Kral
9 posters

Jean Passanante named Associate HW

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Jean Passanante named Associate HW Empty Jean Passanante named Associate HW

Post by Kral Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Just read that ATWT's HW Jean Passanante is coming to OLTL as an associate HW! She the HW of OLTL back in the mid 90s, but I can't really remember what her show was like.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Jean Passanante named Associate HW Empty Re: Jean Passanante named Associate HW

Post by SecHandNews Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 am

I can't believe that they thought it was a good idea to hire the woman who presided over another soaps cancellation. I'm not impressed with RC as of late, but I always get nervous when OLTL brings on a new head writer.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 am

Well, that will surely be the writing on the wall. If Passanante does to OLTL what she did to As The World Turns, the show will be cancelled in no time. Her stint on ATWT has simply been disgraceful. She is the worst.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:22 am

Right, bring on the writer who has had three soaps cancelled under her pen. That will surely fix things.
    A creative shakeup at OLTL is more than needed right now, sure, but JP was not the one to call on to play Captain Save a Ho.
    tandmfan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by tandmfan Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I liked OLTL in the 90's but I am unfamiliar with her writing for As The World Turns. I am willing to give her a chance and see what ideas she will bring to the table.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 3

Post by TSJToddFan Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 pm

A big part of why soaps are dying is because they keep on recycling the same people. The same actors, writers and executives get reused over and over again. If OLTL needed some fresh blood on the writing staff, then why not bring on someone who is actually fresh blood? I remember the JP era of OLTL, and it wasn't what I would call "good". She also helmed AMC and her stint there was downright terrible.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 pm

For as long as Frons is there pulling strings and micromanaging, it really doesn't matter who they get to write.
    All writers are are shills doing his bidding.
    Always
    Always
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Always Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hey be glad they didn't bring the Labines or Megan McTavish back.
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Post by TSJToddFan Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:10 am

McTavish ... Vomit But I liked the Labines. If we had to have recycled writers from the past come in and act as weed killer to RC's crab grass, they would actually be my top choice.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 am

TSJToddFan wrote:McTavish ... Vomit But I liked the Labines. If we had to have recycled writers from the past come in and act as weed killer to RC's crab grass, they would actually be my top choice.

What about Malone??? He was a pretty good writer?
    TSJToddFan
    TSJToddFan
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Post by TSJToddFan Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    TSJToddFan wrote:McTavish ... Vomit But I liked the Labines. If we had to have recycled writers from the past come in and act as weed killer to RC's crab grass, they would actually be my top choice.

Maybe. I wouldn't want him back as a HW though. I think Malone is better in a consulting position. When he is given too much power, he has a tendency to bug out and winds up turning the show into one of his novels. "Men of 21," "The Music Box Killer," that God awful "Santi" thing.

But I could have swore that in an interview he swore off of ever working in soaps again.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:46 am

TSJToddFan wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

Maybe. I wouldn't want him back as a HW though. I think Malone is better in a consulting position. When he is given too much power, he has a tendency to bug out and winds up turning the show into one of his novels. "Men of 21," "The Music Box Killer," that God awful "Santi" thing.

But I could have swore that in an interview he swore off of ever working in soaps again.

Ah yes the Santi and Men of 21 Storylines, I had forgotten those were his babies. I guess we will have to give this writer a chance and see what goes. Can't get any worse than it is now and maybe they will bring Jessica back to the world of the sane.
    Killington Princess
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Killington Princess Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:37 am

Psst, I like the Labines too for what it's worth, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 am