CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Supernova
6 posters

TV commercials for chain restaurants

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

TV commercials for chain restaurants Empty TV commercials for chain restaurants

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Who could actually LOSE their appetite looking at the food they serve at Red Robin, Olive Garden, Golden Coral, etc? Their foot looks like somebody ALREADY ate it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

TV commercials for chain restaurants Empty Re: TV commercials for chain restaurants

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 pm

The thing is that is all made to look good on camera. Looks nothing like what is served.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

TV commercials for chain restaurants Empty Re: TV commercials for chain restaurants

Post by CeCe Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

The food should at least resemble the ads. Most of the time where I am, Golden Corral doesn't even HAVE the food you see in the commercials. And the food they do have...well I've given up.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 pm

I like olive garden food.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:19 pm

I guess I’m in the minority on this. Maybe that’s because I don’t pay too close attention to the commercials in the first place. Not enough think, “Ooh, I’ve got to get to Sizzler (or wherever) because of the ad. On those less than regular occasions when I do go out to eat I make up my mind from the menu.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 pm

alan smithee wrote:I guess I’m in the minority on this. Maybe that’s because I don’t pay too close attention to the commercials in the first place. Not enough think, “Ooh, I’ve got to get to Sizzler (or wherever) because of the ad. On those less than regular occasions when I do go out to eat I make up my mind from the menu.

co-signs Can't think of any examples of restaurant commercials where I thought the food looks unappetizing compared to the real thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:20 pm