CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Here's a cartoon you're never going to see on TV today

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Here's a cartoon  you're never going to see on TV today Empty Here's a cartoon you're never going to see on TV today

Post by Supernova Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:28 am

Oddly enough.

You can call it whatever you want but it's still funny as hell.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Here's a cartoon  you're never going to see on TV today Empty Re: Here's a cartoon you're never going to see on TV today

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 am

Because of the unflattering stereotype of the “Japanese Nazi”? You’re probably right that this won’t be seen on TV anytime soon even though this was done as allied propaganda in the middle of WWII. Bugs Bunny had this and much worse. There was an episode where Elmer Fudd finally has him cornered and asks if he has any last requests. Bugs says something like, “I wish…I wish…Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton….” And they cut to them singing in a black-face minstrel show. I don’t think that’s been aired for years. Not with out good reason.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Here's a cartoon  you're never going to see on TV today Empty Re: Here's a cartoon you're never going to see on TV today

Post by Supernova Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 am

alan smithee wrote:Because of the unflattering stereotype of the “Japanese Nazi”? You’re probably right that this won’t be seen on TV anytime soon even though this was done as allied propaganda in the middle of WWII. Bugs Bunny had this and much worse. There was an episode where Elmer Fudd finally has him cornered and asks if he has any last requests. Bugs says something like, “I wish…I wish…Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton….” And they cut to them singing in a black-face minstrel show. I don’t think that’s been aired for years. Not with out good reason.

I grew up on that one, it's on a tape of 50 cartoon classics I still have.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Though now that I think of it, I think Bugs was singing 'I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray', but not much difference.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

I love 40s era cartoons that referenced the war. Especially WB looney toons. Not really a fan of Disney.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 pm

^^One of my favorites is Bugs and the Gremlin on the bomber. They're just about to crash but the plane stops two feet from the ground because they ran out of gas. "You know how it is with these "A" cards."
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:21 am

That one's really before my time, what the hell is an A card? That's what I've always wondered.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 am

Supernova wrote:That one's really before my time, what the hell is an A card? That's what I've always wondered.
    Sounds like ration cards. During the war gas, sugar, milk, leather - almost everything that we needed for the soldiers was rationed. Gasoline was really scarce.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:22 am

Now it makes sense. ROFLMAO! It took over 15 years for me to finally get the joke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:21 pm