CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
RobbieFTW
Impact
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
Shale
Supernova
14 posters

Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons? Empty Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons?

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm

I got no use for them. And I personally can't understand why ANYONE would want to pay good money for the privilege of getting into what to people like us looks like a big coffin, to spend 15 minutes toasting in it, when you can get basically the same results from sitting out in the sun for free. Doctors want to ban teenagers from using them, and I say good, but take it a step further, ban all people from them. ROFLMAO! If the kids want to get a tan to look good, they can do it the old fashioned way like we all did 'roughing it', by actually being out in the sunlight and getting a suntan.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons? Empty Re: Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons?

Post by Shale Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Supernova wrote:I got no use for them. And I personally can't understand why ANYONE would want to pay good money for the privilege of getting into what to people like us looks like a big coffin, to spend 15 minutes toasting in it, when you can get basically the same results from sitting out in the sun for free. Doctors want to ban teenagers from using them, and I say good, but take it a step further, ban all people from them. ROFLMAO! If the kids want to get a tan to look good, they can do it the old fashioned way like we all did 'roughing it', by actually being out in the sunlight and getting a suntan.

So, go out in the sun TODAY! Oh, a little cool for your liking? Maybe a nice warm tanning bed would be better.

And, you don't have to cover your ass, it can get tanned too. booty shake

Now I don't use tanning beds here in South Florida, because I was naked on the beach just this Saturday. But when I lived in more temperate places where it was freezing in the winter, I used the beds. Also, not everywhere is amenable to nude sunbathing.
    Blue Cool
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons? Empty Re: Your thoughts on tanning beds/salons?

Post by Chris Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Supernova wrote:I got no use for them. And I personally can't understand why ANYONE would want to pay good money for the privilege of getting into what to people like us looks like a big coffin, to spend 15 minutes toasting in it, when you can get basically the same results from sitting out in the sun for free. Doctors want to ban teenagers from using them, and I say good, but take it a step further, ban all people from them. ROFLMAO! If the kids want to get a tan to look good, they can do it the old fashioned way like we all did 'roughing it', by actually being out in the sunlight and getting a suntan.

Neither do I. In the summer, I sometimes tan just from being out in the sun and that's enough. I see no point in going to extremes to alter your natural state.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Chris wrote: Neither do I. In the summer, I sometimes tan just from being out in the sun and that's enough. I see no point in going to extremes to alter your natural state.

But what if our natural state is to be tanned. There had to be a reason why our skin has melanin in it that is activated by the sun. It is a protection from the sun.

I don't use sunscreen, my tan gives me a bit of SPF, for up to two hours in the summer down here. I try to keep a base tan during the winter months so I don't burn when going out in the sun in the summer. (Like I did every summer as a child taking my white skin out to blister in the sun)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

If our natural state is to be tanned then it doesn't make sense that extremes need to be taken just to get to what you were meant to be.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:15 pm

No good for you. Even in the Sun I put sun block on and I tan rather than burn.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Supernova wrote:If our natural state is to be tanned then it doesn't make sense that extremes need to be taken just to get to what you were meant to be.
    Not extremes. Extreme is getting sunburned - not good.

But you won't tan unless you are exposed to a little sunshine (or other source of UV light). That is our natural state.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:50 pm

I have darker skin than most and I tan without excessive exposure to the sun's harmful rays.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 pm

I got a little Indian skin in me, a burn will usually even out into a tan. I only got one sunburn bad enough for the skin to blister and peel off and that was 9 years ago, and I've spent most of my life out in the sun.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

They cause cancer. Don't understand why people continually fry their skin for the sake of vanity. I'm glad I already have melanin.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

My thoughts on them? They're dumb.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I wouldn't use them either. It's funny though. In bygone days, it wasn’t fashionable for the rich to have tanned skin. If you had a tan it was because you had to work outdoors. Wealthy woman carried parasols to keep their porcelain complexions. In the past 50-60 years, the pendulum swung the other way.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Indeeed it has, also kind of like in the 1800s larger women were considered the epitome of beauty whereas today people think you need to be a size 00 to be of any worth.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 am

i have no use for them
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:55 am

They're ok but not anything to make a habit out of.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 am

Got no use for them at all, my skin has its own dark hue. I never thought artificial tans looked good on people anyway. If someone is too pale then they probably are spending too much time coped up somewhere.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I have used them in the spring a couple times just to get a base of a tan. But stopped that a long time ago.

What I find very funny is that women who are addicted to them around here are tan as can be in the Midwest in February. It looks so fake, and not even attractive.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm

I think they are dangerous and I'd never use one. I want to keep my skin nice too, the last thing I need is more wrinkles, I'm already too short and I have crooked teeth!
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:59 pm

I think they're stupid! I've never used one and I never will. With a healthy dose of suntan lotion, people can get their behinds outside and tan under the sun. Tanning beds are proven to be a cause in skin cancer. When I was 14 the more popular girls liked to go to the tanning salon after school. By the time they're 30 they're skin will be all rubbery like a 50 year-old. Poor fools.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:52 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I think they're stupid! I've never used one and I never will. With a healthy dose of suntan lotion, people can get their behinds outside and tan under the sun. Tanning beds are proven to be a cause in skin cancer. When I was 14 the more popular girls liked to go to the tanning salon after school. By the time they're 30 they're skin will be all rubbery like a 50 year-old. Poor fools.

Some people argue a tan bed is no different than a tan from the sun's rays...but I don't think I believe it because...I know nothing about tanning beds, how the hell do they work, what does it take to keep them powered to run? The sun doesn't need any assistance in that regard. It's not dangerous for people (most anyway) to be in the sunlight for more than 1 15 minute session per day.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 am

I don't make a habit of going but I sometimes do the tanning bed thing. My skin can get really really white especially when its cold and my eyes are very blue. If I ever lose my hair I could look like "Powder". If there were any good beaches around here I would go but there aren't so sometimes I go get a nice warm up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 pm