CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Suzi
TPP
Tony Marino
Cheaps
RobbieFTW
Chris
10 posters

How is your relationship with your siblings?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How is your relationship with your siblings? Empty How is your relationship with your siblings?

Post by Chris Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:29 am

If you have brothers and/or sisters, how close are you to them? Personally, I'm particularly close to my eldest sister, who is nine years older than I am. Sometimes when two siblings have a significant age gap, the relationship becomes less competitive and more cordial, and that was the case with her and I. We always had a very tight, breezy rapport with each other. About five years ago she had a very near fatal seizure that left her comatose for a month, and I was wreck.

On the other hand, my middle sister–who is four years older than me–and I never really got along. She was/still is the quintessential 'middle child,' and acts outs because of it. According to my mom, she had to be reassured of her place when I was born. Growing up, she was mean and we used to fight like cats and dogs.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

How is your relationship with your siblings? Empty Re: How is your relationship with your siblings?

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 am

Chris opened a HUGE can of worms with me!

I have:
    a full brother and full sister.
    a 1/2 sister from my mom's 2nd marriage.
    a 1/2 brother and a 1/2 sister from my dad's 2nd marriage.

Plus 3 stepsibs from my mom's 2nd husband and 2 stepsibs from dad's 2nd wife.

Robbie's grand total of brothers & sisters = 10

I don't even remember all their names but my I'm the closest to my full sister who is 2 years younger than me. My younger brother thinks he's a thug pimp and we clash alot. My maternal 1/2 sis is only 10 so we don't really "hang out". Then my 1/2 sibs on my dads side I rarely get to see cuz Im not close to my dad. For such a big fam I really am not that close to most of my sibs like i said just my sis. The rest of the time i go my own way.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How is your relationship with your siblings? Empty Re: How is your relationship with your siblings?

Post by Cheaps Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 am

i am close to both my sisters and my brother. my 2 sisters are older than i am, an my brother is younger than i am.

like chris, i am closest to my oldest sister who is 5 years older than i am, we were actually born on the same day, but 5 years apart. growin up i did more fightin an arguing wit my sister who is 4 years older than me, we dont agrue now tho, my brother (i guess technically he is my half bro cuz we have diff dads, but i never use that term "half", hes my brother) is 7 years younger than i am, growin up i wasnt as close to him as i am now, cuz of our age difference when i was in junior high/high school he was still very young. but now we are very close.

i feel wit robbie when he says his younger brother thinks he's a thug/pimp, cuz my brother same way, well maybe he sorta is, he got the rap sheet to prove it.. anyhoo, when he's wit me i shut that down Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:52 am

I get along with my sisters well, they tend to baby me and overprotect me and can be annoying at times but I love them.

I get along well with 1 of my 3 brothers, the other 2 are o.k. but they are into their own world most of the time.

So yes I get along well with my wacky dysfunctional brothers and sisters.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I just have one brother, 3.5 years younger than I am. He's mentally ill and I never speak with him or see him. He lives 2000 miles away. I wish that I were closer with him, but he's a hard person to be close with.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 pm

I have one half sister , she is 5 years younger than I. We didn't meet until I was in my 40's and she in her late 30's. We are so different that we only corresponded for a couple of years. All she could ever talk about was her face, the wrinkle she had. She said she lost most of her friends because of her whining. So she lost me too. I simply lost her address. Her complaint about me was I read too much (at the time we were living in Tombstone AZ) and talked too much about history.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 pm

I have one brother who is six years younger than me. We're pretty close now but don't get to see each other very often because he's lived out of state for many years. We speak on the phone at least once a week. When he was much younger, though, we used to fight like cats and dogs. He used to leave notes on my mother's pillow that "he's trying to kill me." Lies. All lies Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I have a sister 5 years younger that I was raised with in St. Louis county. We tolerated each other as kids.

There was a time when my libertine lifestyle clashed with her quite mainstream religious life but we have a truce or something now.

She is still in Missouri and I see her when I visit family there. In fact I will be staying at her house next month, taking care of the dog and visiting mom in a nursing home while she and her husband can get away. Did the same just last Sept.

I also have a half brother by my dad and his third wife who was my age. So, bro is young enuf to be my son. He lives in Mississippi and we haven't seen each other in years - but occasionally talk on the phone. I learned he got married again ON FACEBOOK! hehe Talk about modern society.

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:01 pm

I have a sister, who is seven years younger than me. It was touch and go while we were growing up, but as adults we get along just fine.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

My sister is 8. My brother is 23. I have three older half brothers that I don't see at all. I hardly see the other two. Me and my younger brother grew up together and we had the typical big sister/little brother fights, but we had a good relationship then and we still do now. I talk to him whenever I can. Same for my sister. I talk to me half brothers whenever I see them, but they don't even live in the state.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:27 am