CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

Beastly

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Beastly Empty Beastly

Post by Shale Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 am

Beastly
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    March 4, 2011

Beastly is an updated telling of the 18th Century French tale "Beauty and the Beast." Quite frankly, I just went online to find that out, having never seen the 1991 animated Disney film and not knowing the specifics of the story. It's interesting that the original story was a romantic drama with a happy ending just like this one (What? That's not a spoiler?)

This tale takes place in high school where the very gorgeous, rich, popular and uncaring Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) is being downright nasty to all those around him not so blessed with good looks. Of course he is a celebrity so the shallow people flock to him. Even the equally beautiful Lindy (Vanessa Hudgens) a more down-to-earth girl is momentarily drawn to this gorgeous self-centered hunk.

Lindy is Smitten by the Gorgeous Kyle
    Beastly Beastly%20movie%20stills-2

But, Kyle is so full of himself that he cons Kendra (Mary-Kate Olsen) a competitor into coming to a party where he then mocks her for believing that he would go out with her and sends her away. Big mistake. She happens to be the local witch.

Don't Piss Off the Witch
    Beastly Beastly%20movie%20stills-7

She puts a curse on him. Makes him hideous - as unattractive outside as he is on the inside. He does have an out - he has to find someone to love him within a year or the Goth look is permanent.

A Face Not Even Mother Would Love (if she were around)
    Beastly Beastly%20movie%20stills-10

Kyle's equally uncaring rich dad who taught him the importance of good looks gets him his own personal hideaway and hires him a blind tutor named Will (Neil Patrick Harris). Kyle's path again crosses with Lindy and he secretly helps her. Eventually, as they get to know each other better he makes the bold move to reveal his hideous face to her, which does not freak her out.

She's Seen Worse
    Beastly Beastly%20movie%20stills-4
    As Kyle starts to get involved with other people despite his own devastating problems we sense that Lindy is being drawn to him as a friend. Well, you can surmise the ending from here.

I really liked this movie. OK, I like romantic dramas and comedies but this one was quite fast-paced and had a unique angle, taking an old classic story and putting it in a modern teen context. What better setting for a morality play on the shallowness of physical beauty as compared to lasting inner beauty than with a bunch of texting high school teens with inflated self-consciousness. I recommend this PG-13 movie for teens of any age.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Beastly Empty Re: Beastly

Post by Shale Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 am

I have really enjoyed Alex Pettyfer's presence in two movies in the past few weeks, both Beastly and I Am Number Four. Besides being quite a gorgeous young man, I like the way he carries himself on screen. But apparently he has some young man issues to deal with. It would be a shame if he were to blow his budding career on stupid stuff like this.

Us MAGAZINE.COM
    EXCLUSIVE: Bad Boy Alex Pettyfer Uninvited From Oscars Bash
    Wednesday – March 02, 2011

Beastly behavior, indeed!

A source tells the new issue of Us Weekly (on stands now) that actor Alex Pettyfer, 20 -- who flew into a jealous rage at a West Hollywood club February 18 over ex Dianna Agron -- has become persona non grata in the motion-picture biz.

"His agents told him not to go to the February 26 Night Before party," a source says of the event, which Agron, 24, attended.
    The insider adds Pettyfer's agents may fire him, since his volatile actions "have become a liability."
    For now at least, a William Morris rep tells Us that the British I Am Number Four star "is still a client."

BTW, here is another pic of:

Alex Pettyfer the Hunk

Beastly Beastly%20movie%20stills-16

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:21 am