CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Gia

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Gia Empty Gia

Post by Shale Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 am

I just watched a DVD of Gia, a 1998 biopic of Gia Carangi, often referred to as America's first supermodel.

Starring was Angelina Jolie as this disturbed, beautiful but somewhat butch young woman who made her mark in NY in the 1970s and did the clubbing and drugs and other beautiful women. While I am not into the fashion industry, I do appreciate beautiful ppl and fotografy. It was a typical tragic story, where the rapid rise in fame and fortune for a young performer ends up in drugs and ruin.

Jolie got a Golden Globe for her performance and I think someone as crazy wild as her was about the best casting choice for this role.

Angelina Jolie as Gia - 1998
    Gia 4836929_gal

Angelina as Butch Gia
    Gia 11313672_gal

The real Gia Carangi foto by Francesco Scavullo
    Gia Gia%20Scavullo%20800pix

After looking up this foto, I am quite smitten by this image. I know it is only partly the young woman and partly Scavullo (I have an equally beautiful foto of a young man done by a great fotografo). But this lets me see how Gia would have seduced those around her.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Gia Empty Re: Gia

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm

When I was a kid Gia was pretty much THE cover of Cosmo. Never knew anything about her until the movie.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:00 pm