CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Battle: Los Angeles

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Battle: Los Angeles Empty Battle: Los Angeles

Post by Shale Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Battle: Los Angeles
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    March 11, 2011

First off, let me say that this, more than any other Space Invasion flick is for guys and particularly guys that like war movies and the dedication of the US Marines.

Semper Fi
    Battle: Los Angeles Emblem-usmcverydetailed

The entire movie revolves around a band of Marines in an unwinnable wartime situation and opens on battle raging before a flashback 24 hours earlier introduces our cast.

LA Under Attack
    Battle: Los Angeles 73854_gal

Marine Staff Sergeant Michael Nanz (Aaron Eckhart), plagued by aging and ghosts of dead compatriots in Afghanistan, is about to retire. However, with incoming "meteorites" on the radar, he and his unit are called up to evacuate LA.

Staff Sgt
    Battle: Los Angeles 68274_gal

Newly graduated 2nd Lieutenant Martinez (Ramon Rodriguez) leads the rescue unit when it is realized that these meteorites are extraterrestrial vehicles and the earth is under attack by superior armaments.

From here the rescue mission gets very involved, the Marines are going thru what Marines go thru - firefights, trying to take out the enemy and losing men in the battle.

Marines Pinned Down
    Battle: Los Angeles Battle-Los-Angeles-movie-image-31-600x337

Like I said in the beginning - this is a war movie. The fact that we are fighting space invaders is actually irrelevant here. The fact that the Marines are outgunned and continue the battle valiantly against all odds is the crux of the whole show. Retreat - Hell.

So, if you are a guy who can appreciate a good war movie - this is your flick.

I did mention that this was a guy flick. Well there were a couple of women in it. One was Michelle, (Bridget Moynahan) a strong civilian veterinarian and the other Air Force Tech Sgt. Elena Santos (Michelle Rodriguez) who joins the band of Marines.

Battle: Los Angeles 68275_gal

You may remember Ms Rodriguez as the very cute but battle savvy pilot in Avatar who might be taking on a recurrent role of Tuff Latina.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Battle: Los Angeles Empty Re: Battle: Los Angeles

Post by Tony Marino Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:41 am

Sounds pretty good Shale, I would like to see it.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:23 pm