CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
Alan Smithee
CeCe
TPP
11 posters

would you go to the police?

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

would you go to the police? Empty would you go to the police?

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 pm

I have a friend whose child's face was scratched up by another child. The friend's child is I think 4 and the child who scratched her was 2-3, it was at a fast food play place I think. I saw pics and the poor girl's face is really scratched up...

I guess the parents of the other girl were not there, but her grandma was and she didn't punish the little girl...So my friend went to the police to "find out their options"...

Would you have gone to the police? Because honestly, and I mean no disrespect to my friend and didn't say this to her, but I think that's probably one of the more ridiculous things that I have ever heard.

I have four boys though and they are constantly hurting each other, so I may be under reacting? Haha, my girl just isn't as violent as the boys are...
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

would you go to the police? Empty Re: would you go to the police?

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

The child is 2 or 3 year old for cryin' out loud. Clip her nails. Speak to the parents or guardians about it, sure. But no I would never approach the cops about something like that. It's absurd.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:23 pm

CeCe wrote:The child is 2 or 3 year old for cryin' out loud. Clip her nails. Speak to the parents or guardians about it, sure. But no I would never approach the cops about something like that. It's absurd.

haha, the first thing I thought was, "her parents need to clip her nails..." I guess the police said there was nothing they could do since the child was under 7.

I'm sorry that the girl got hurt, but honestly, kids hurt each other all the time, especially toddlers.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm

I agree with the two ladies above.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Only if it were POSSIBLE! Razz

ha. Seriously tho - no! What would the police do? Some people are so uptight about everything they gotta run and tattle to the police over silly things. Most likely they wouldnt do anything to a 4 year old.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:Only if it were POSSIBLE! Razz

ha. Seriously tho - no! What would the police do? Some people are so uptight about everything they gotta run and tattle to the police over silly things. Most likely they wouldnt do anything to a 4 year old.

lol, The Possible Police says it's impossible for the police to discipline the two year old. They also got her name and phone number in case they took her to the doctor I believe, so maybe they thought it was worse than it actually was...IDK, I'm having a hard time putting myself in their shoes, but I do remember being really over protective of my first child so maybe that's how I can empathize.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Going to the police was too much, but maybe they were afraid that the scratches would become infectd, and wanted an official record of it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 pm

I don't see what the police could do with a child so young.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Going to the police was too much, but maybe they were afraid that the scratches would become infectd, and wanted an official record of it?

maybe, but they didn't even have them fill out a police report or anything...I think they were just freaking out because their daughter's face was bleeding and they thought they might press assault charges or something. They were REALLY mad at the grandma for not spanking the girl who did it.

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Well... yes and no. Not to get the girl in trouble. But the parents do need to be informed. It's like when somebody's dog bites you.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 pm

I feel for the kid. Scratches hurt. But it's just one of the unpleasantries children endure simply because they're...children. Just wait until she squeezes the cat too tight.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 pm

That is just a hard situation. I think that if that happened to my son, I would be very upset, but also put blame on myself for letting it happen to the point that multiple scratches happened.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Rockbird wrote:Well... yes and no. Not to get the girl in trouble. But the parents do need to be informed. It's like when somebody's dog bites you.

I don't think it's like that at all. A dog can be put to sleep for biting someone one time. A dog can have rabies and a little bite can kill you without treatment. This would be more like a cat scratching you, imo. Yes, it hurts and it sucks, but most people (I think) wouldn't take their kid to the ER or call the police about it.

I've worked with kids and have had my own kids for a long time and I see them hurt each other ALL THE TIME. I have never once seen someone call the police about it though, even for much more serious injuries.

I do appreciate you sharing your opinion, I just respectfully disagree. I do agree that the grandma should tell the little girl's parents though, if for nothing else than that they cut her nails!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm

RedBedroom wrote:That is just a hard situation. I think that if that happened to my son, I would be very upset, but also put blame on myself for letting it happen to the point that multiple scratches happened.

I would be upset too, but I would be like "these things happen..." and if the girls grandma didn't say anything to her I would say "excuse me little girl, but you hurt my daughter, look at her face! that's a bad owie! Please keep your hands to yourself."

I think part of what upset my friend is that she didn't see the girl be disciplined and the Grandma didn't say sorry.

If it were MY child that did the scratching, I would separate them immediately, lock my two year old in the stroller and go over to the little girl and her parents and say how sorry I was and I'd make a point to show how sad the little girl was to my child and I'd ask them to apologize (my two year olds probably wouldn't do it, but my three year old would). Then after making sure the little girl was okay, we would leave the play area for the day for sure.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:11 am

I'm curious to know what kind of "options" this person thought there could be.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 am

No. It's ridiculous that these adults couldn't handle a situation with toddlers themselves.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm

I really hope the police dismissed her. The grandmother sounds like one of those uptight old biddies who probably calls the police when she looks out the window and sees unfamiliar people in eye shot.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:22 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I really hope the police dismissed her. The grandmother sounds like one of those uptight old biddies who probably calls the police when she looks out the window and sees unfamiliar people in eye shot.

would you go to the police? 35166
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I really hope the police dismissed her. The grandmother sounds like one of those uptight old biddies who probably calls the police when she looks out the window and sees unfamiliar people in eye shot.

The child that scratched my friend's child was with her grandmother. My friend's were the parents of the "scratchee" and were the ones to go to the police, lol. I think that "friend" is probably too generous of a word though, more like friend of friends. We belong to a large group together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:03 am