CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Nystyle709
Marc™
Nhaiyel
TPP
2xy
Tony Marino
sailorlover
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Shale
Chris
15 posters

Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them? Empty Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them?

Post by Chris Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 am

In the heat of an argument, have you ever declared hatred for your parent(s) to their face?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them? Empty Re: Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them?

Post by Shale Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:07 am

I wasn't allowed to have heated arguments with my parents.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them? Empty Re: Have you ever told your parent(s) that you hated them?

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:11 am

No but there were sure plenty of times when I wanted to.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

Why would I?
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Never! I had too much respect for my parents. I children now that are mouthing off to their parents constantly, especially in public and I actually want to give their mouths a little slap and say "Have a little respect!"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:34 pm

sailorlover wrote:Never! I had too much respect for my parents. I children now that are mouthing off to their parents constantly, especially in public and I actually want to give their mouths a little slap and say "Have a little respect!"

laughing Indeeeeeeed.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 pm

I am here writing this so I guess you know the answer to that one.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 pm

I can't recall ever having a heated argument with my parents. There was really nothing to argue about. I don't think I ever felt like I hated them, although we aren't close.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:51 pm

I did once I think. My parent's were awful though and my Dad told me that he hated me.

I had to relearn what was acceptable to say to one another in counseling and didn't know that it was verbally abusive to say to someone, "I hate you" or "I don't like you"...I thought that it was just expressing your feelings.

Now I've taught my kids to say " I feel _______ when you _______. I would feel better if _______."

I wish I had learned that when I was a kid because when I first got married and was really mad, I'd act like a child saying "I hate you, I wish you were dead!" to my husband...
    blushing

I just didn't know better. In my family growing up people threatened to kill each other all the time, told each other that they hated each other, said things like "You're cruising for a bruising..." it was just how it was. It was nothing for my mom to call me a slut or a bitch, it was just normal. That's me: slutty, selfish, stupid and lazy. sad I know I'm not slutty, but I still have tremendous self doubt and never feel "good enough" in spite of years and years of counseling. If something doesn't go right I still think "your mom was right about you, she knew you better than anyone else and no one else can see it, but that doesn't mean it's not true."

I really hope I'm not doing that to my kids.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 pm

I said that to my mom once when I was, I think 12.

"Oh, you hate me huh…?" < crack >

Never said it again.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:54 pm

I did once....but only once....
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Nah. Never hated my parents at any time. There were quite a few times when me and my mom butted heads and I felt like smacking her, but I knew better. I would've lost that fight.....quick.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Nah. Never hated my parents at any time. There were quite a few times when me and my mom butted heads and I felt like smacking her, but I knew better. I would've lost that fight.....quick.

OMG, I never even was tempted to hit my mom...That would have NOT been good.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Chris wrote:In the heat of an argument, have you ever declared hatred for your parent(s) to their face?

NOPE!! never have never will, love and respect my mama TOO MUCH!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Yeah, I said that to my mother one time. I was probably that stupid age of 12 or 13. I don't even think it was during a heated argument. She didn't raise her hand to me, just stuffed a few of my clothes in a paper bag and through them in the front yard. Took my grandfather to intercede and get my ass out of the cold LOL.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I remember saying it more than once.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I am here writing this so I guess you know the answer to that one.

Best response ever!

To the topic, I don't think I did. I remember saying to Mom, at about 8-10, that everyone from the South (she was) is a dummy. At 34 I remember it and still feel bad about it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:05 am

Tony Marino wrote:I am here writing this so I guess you know the answer to that one.

bear hug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:03 pm