CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
JM130ELM
Marc™
SkwirtB
7 posters

Ginuwine lashes out at Timbaland

SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Ginuwine lashes out at Timbaland Empty Ginuwine lashes out at Timbaland

Post by SkwirtB Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 am

Hmmmm....

“He really hasn’t been interested in working with me, so I can’t speak on the present,” Ginuwine tells VIBE of Timbaland. “But back in the days, it spoke for itself as far as him being the most sought after producer. Music was boring until he came out with that new sound. Back then, I would have described it as futuristic because it was something that had not been done and people jumped on it. If it wasn’t for him making that style as hot as it is, a lot of producers that’s out now maybe wouldn’t even be here.”

The singer adds that he’s still upset at Timbaland for not supporting him promotionally on his 2009 project, A Man’s Thoughts, despite producing a song for the album.

“Me and Tim were real close at one point. A lot of the times that I reached out, there were a bunch of excuses,” explains Ginuwine. “I begged and pleaded with him because I felt a certain way but I was like, is it just a bad vibe that I’m picking up on? Maybe I’m bugging out, I don’t know. But it came out to be true and I still feel like he owes me an apology for that. The reason I’m pissed off at him now is because of what he did. I would’ve been cool and not bothered him if he would’ve said, ‘Nah, I’m too busy,’ or gave me the lame excuse like he’s been giving me. But don’t do it and then not do what you’re supposed to do [to promote the song].”

While some have labeled Timbo a sell-out because of his recent work with pop stars like Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, Ginuwine disagrees.

“I don’t know about the sold out thing. I think any smart businessman would go where the money is bigger, but I also feel like you don’t forget your roots either,” says Ginuwine. “You don’t alienate the people that helped you and started you out… What is it about me now that you just don’t like? And if it is something, say it. I can take truth. I can’t take that kind of stuff and right now I don’t really like him. I really don’t. That’s not being a man.”

Ginuwine is roughly 18 songs into his upcoming seventh album, Elgin, which he hopes to release this August. Producers include Bryan Michael Cox and Diane Warren
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ginuwine lashes out at Timbaland Empty Re: Ginuwine lashes out at Timbaland

Post by Marc™ Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 am

Seems to me like Ginuwine is (and has been for years) strapped for a hit, and was hoping Timbaland would publicly pal up with him again so he could get some of 1997 back. It was enough that he produced a song on his most recent album. Timbaland was just the producer, and did what he was obligated to do. It was the responsibility of Ginuwine and his camp to promote it themselves.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am

Timbaland is only talented at PRODUCING. He aint no fucking artist. "The Way I Are" was bull. He needs to get some perspective. I personally thought his work with JT was overrated. Now he calls up Miley Cyrus to be on his album? Timbaland has become too “industry”. That shit isn’t cool. All artist who crossover from their core audience (Whitney, MJ, Mariah, etc.) eventually stop making hits. Their base fans feel snubbed and the trendier fans they court eventually dessert them when what's trendy begins to shift ot when a more trendy act comes along.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 am

That's messed up. Timbaland does come off like he has a fat head (not just literally) so I'm not surprised. I see where Ginuwine is coming from...he's not trying to throw him under the bus, but why wouldn't you put the same effort into the artists that helped you get to where you are today? And the shit that he's doing now ain't even hot.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am

MARQO wrote:Seems to me like Ginuwine is (and has been for years) strapped for a hit, and was hoping Timbaland would publicly pal up with him again so he could get some of 1997 back. It was enough that he produced a song on his most recent album. Timbaland was just the producer, and did what he was obligated to do. It was the responsibility of Ginuwine and his camp to promote it themselves.

I'm with you on the promotion...but can you really blame him for wanting some of that old magic back? It's part promotion but mostly music, cause he hasn't had a really good single since "In Those Jeans". Before "The Senior", at least Ginuwine was doing like 2 million on every album he released. I think he was cool with that...but I remember a few years ago when JT's "Cry Me A River" came out, Gin was saying that that song should have went to him and Tim gave it to JT because he wanted to cross over. That's kinda messed up because that was a pretty big record and it could've really propelled him into the mainstream. Timbaland seems like he's gotten to big for his britches (literally and figuratively). Did you know that The Neptunes always give their artists FIRST dibs on any beat that the produce? Jay-Z, Britney Spears and whoever else gets the seconds. They don't sell out on their family just to get money cause they're still going to get paid either way. Timbaland needs to take notes from them.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 am

I'm caught in-between. A part of me wants to say Ninja (I mean, Elgin) get over it; no one can promote you better than you. On the other hand, he does have a point about being respectful of where your roots are. Dre didn't stop taking Snoop's calls after he started working with Eminem, and making a boatload more money from him. Always try to make time to help out those who helped you come up.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 am

I don’t understand the crying. It’s not up to the producer to heavily promote the artist work. Sorry, but Ginuwine needs to step his game up. Timbo had stopped being Ginuwine’s main producer after his second album anyway. Ginuwine needs to take responsibility for his lackluster career as of late and get it back on track himself, not expect his previous collaborator to throw him a bone so he can sponge off his continued success.
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by NIKOL99 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 am

Could be worse: he could be Magoo!

Seems to me that Tim transferred his previous relationship with Ginuwine over to Justin Timberlake.
    Just about everything the latter does is reminiscent to what the former used to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:39 pm