CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Ma and Pa Kettle

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Ma and Pa Kettle Empty Ma and Pa Kettle

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Does anybody remember this series of movies from the 40s and 50s? Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride were great in them, very funny, especially Marjorie as Ma with her shotgun.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Ma and Pa Kettle Empty Re: Ma and Pa Kettle

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 pm

You bet. The characters were spun off from The Egg and I with Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert. That's why I almost incorrectly said they were in the other film you mentioned, Murder, He Says because MacMurray and Marjoire Main were in that together too.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:32 pm

alan smithee wrote:You bet. The characters were spun off from The Egg and I with Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert. That's why I almost incorrectly said they were in the other film you mentioned, Murder, He Says because MacMurray and Marjoire Main were in that together too.

That's right, they were. I remember The Egg and I, not so good, good thing they forwent the young couple and focused on the Kettle family.

And what I find funny is in those movies Marjorie was always around the chickens and pigs and other animals and all that dirt, but she was a big germophobic, she would wrap toilet paper in her stockings before putting them on, and she had to watch the hairdresser unwrap a brand new comb before she'd let him do her hair and she would wear a mask in between shoots somebody said during an interview on TCM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content