CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane Empty The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I never got to see the whole thing but that was a creepy movie, but I liked it. Though I can certainly understand why Jodie Foster didn't enjoy doing it, and that reminds me, does anybody know when it became illegal for teenagers to do nude scenes in movies? They wanted her at 14 to do it here but she wouldn't and had her older sister do it, but even in the early 80s they had underaged Brooke Shields in movies topless.

My mother had told me what an awful movie this was and how violent it was, I had figured that Foster's character was like...an assassin or something, that she was deliberately killing people and doing it in a violent way like a hitman...not at all what happened in the movie, so in that regard I was kind of let down by it. But I still liked it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane Empty Re: The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Was that the one where you shouldn't eat the cookies? Something about almonds...had Martin Sheen in it?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane Empty Re: The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Shouldn't drink the tea, the almond cookies cover the taste of the cyanide in the tea.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Supernova wrote:Shouldn't drink the tea, the almond cookies cover the taste of the cyanide in the tea.

ahhh THAT'S it!! Haven't seen it in forever but I remember the almonds.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:52 pm

I finally got around to seeing this movie last year. I was thinking of how horrible her character was, even though I knew she was doing it to protect her secret..
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:07 pm

gingersnaps wrote:I finally got around to seeing this movie last year. I was thinking of how horrible her character was, even though I knew she was doing it to protect her secret..

I haven't seen the whole movie but I didn't think her character was so horrible, now in the original novel, and I haven't read it yet, have only heard of it, she's supposed to be a lot more sinister in it than in the movie.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Supernova wrote:
    gingersnaps wrote:I finally got around to seeing this movie last year. I was thinking of how horrible her character was, even though I knew she was doing it to protect her secret..

I haven't seen the whole movie but I didn't think her character was so horrible, now in the original novel, and I haven't read it yet, have only heard of it, she's supposed to be a lot more sinister in it than in the movie.

I didn't know it was based off a book. I guess I'll have to check that one out some time.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon May 16, 2011 1:29 am

laughing So will I, I keep meaning to have the library order it in, I'm anxious to read it.

Oddly enough I think it's a safe bet we won't have to worry about this one being remade any time soon.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks to Youtube I think I HAVE managed to see this movie in full finally, but I've finally found a DVD copy of it and am waiting on it to arrive. I just love this movie, I don't get why a lot of people don't like it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:33 pm