CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RiteDiva
TPP
Marc™
7 posters

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Empty Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs

Post by Marc™ Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Meet Lu Hao, the three-year-old who weighs a whopping NINE-AND-A-HALF stone
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 6:15 PM on 22nd March 2011

At 132lbs, Lu Hao is already five times the size of a normal child his age.
    The three-year-old toddler from China eats a staggering THREE bowls of rice when he sits down for a family meal.
    When Lu Hao was born he weighed just 2.6kg (5.7 lbs), however, from the time
    he was three months old he began to gain weight rapidly.

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Article-1368772-0B480E2700000578-918_634x422

Obese: Lu Hao has managed to put on 10kg (22 lbs) in the past year

'His appetite is so good that for a meal he can eat 3 big bowls of rice, even larger than I and his
    mother,' said Hao's father Lu Yuncheng. Since Hao was one-year-old his parents have tried to keep a careful eye on his diet.
    However, Hao's mother Chen Yuan comments: 'We have to let him be as if we don't feed him he will cry non-stop'.

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Article-1368772-0B480CDE00000578-770_634x433

Big eater: 'His appetite is so good that for a meal he can eat 3 big bowls of rice', said his father

No matter how hard the family restricts Hao's diet and pushes him to move more the toddler has still
    managed to put on 10kg (22 lbs) in the past year.
    Now Chen Yuan is unable to pick her son up.
    'In both of our families, there was no such giant person,' said father Yuncheng.

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Article-1368772-0B480CF700000578-240_634x403

Exercise: Lu Hao hates walking to school and often opts for a ride instead. He does like swimming however

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Article-1368772-0B480D5F00000578-993_306x456

Heavy weight: Lu Hao with his father Lu Yuncheng, who breaks into a sweat just holding his son

Hao hates walking and each day his mother takes him to kindergarten on a motorcycle.
    'He is quite happy that I could ride him to kindergarten instead of walking him there,' said Yuan.
    Hao has many toys at home but his favourite is Superman because, he says, 'Superman can fly and beat bad men!'
    When asked is he would like to fly like Superman Hao giggles and replies: 'No. I am too fat'.
    To push Hao to do more sports, the family installed a basketball hoop in the yard and often take him to swim in a local river.
    But the exercise just make him hungrier and results in him putting on more weight.

'We took him to three hospitals and one said he has a tumor in the head,
    while the other two said there is no tumour in the head,' said Yuncheng.
    'Doctors said his hormones are at a normal level. It's hard to know why he could be so big.'
    'We now worry the most about his health. As if he continues to grow at this rate his heart could fail,' said Yuan.
    They also worry that when he gets older and more aware of his weight Hao will be bullied.
    'Our biggest hope is one day Hao could get slim,' said Chen.
    Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368772/Lu-Hao-year-old-weighs-whopping-NINE-AND-A-HALF-stone.html
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Empty Re: Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs

Post by TPP Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Poor kid sad
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs Empty Re: Chinese Boy Lu Hao, 3, Weighs Whopping 132lbs

Post by RiteDiva Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

His parents are indulging their kid so he won't cry? They need their behinds kicked. It's one thing to what your child to be happy, it's quite another to let him eat and eat and jeopardize his health just so he won't throw a fit.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 pm

How the hell can they even pick him up?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:How the hell can they even pick him up?

That's just what I was going to say.

And what RiteDiva said about they feed him to shut him up, sounds like a very American way of raising kids, not what you'd expect from the Chinese. It's sad, but it's also kind of funny because the other day my brother was saying 'you never hear about any fat Asians except the Sumo wrestlers and it's debated if they're really Asians'.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I think there is something wrong with him. Maybe he has praeter willi syndrome (sp?) where you can't stop eating no matter what.

I've never met a kid who would cry for food THAT much, even really fat kids whose parents feed them crap and feed them too much, they don't cry for food all the time, in my experience.

I mean, it's one thing to stuff a bottle in a kids mouth every time he makes a peep, but a LOT of people do that and their kids don't turn out like that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm

I consider this one example of child abuse.

If there is something wrong with this kid, some brain disorder causing him not to be satiated, then someone should address that. If it is just behavioral, then the parents are negligent to just feed his illness. (Yeah, that's the only way to say it. blank stare @ you)

I thot they had more control in China. This indicates a need for it.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:23 pm

They're basically killing him. If he lives to see his teens, he will be morbidly obese and will probably be dying a slow death. It's pitiful when parents are so afraid of a toddler having a temper tantrum that they will do ANYTHING to avoid one.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I just looked at the pictures again. This poor boy can't even open his damn eyes all the way. Such a shame.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I just looked at the pictures again. This poor boy can't even open his damn eyes all the way. Such a shame.

Indeeeeeed, how the hell does a kid get like this? And 3 bowls of rice a day, I can understand if you eat too much of anything you'll put on weight, but I thought rice was one of those foods that you don't gain weight from it, that and bananas was all Christopher Walken ate to achieve his gaunt look for The Deer Hunter. So yeah 3 bowls of something a day at 3 years old, yeah you would think that would be a cause for it but I think he's got to be eating something else to gain that much weight, unless the rice is all fried or something.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Supernova wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:I just looked at the pictures again. This poor boy can't even open his damn eyes all the way. Such a shame.

Indeeeeeed, how the hell does a kid get like this? And 3 bowls of rice a day, I can understand if you eat too much of anything you'll put on weight, but I thought rice was one of those foods that you don't gain weight from it, that and bananas was all Christopher Walken ate to achieve his gaunt look for The Deer Hunter. So yeah 3 bowls of something a day at 3 years old, yeah you would think that would be a cause for it but I think he's got to be eating something else to gain that much weight, unless the rice is all fried or something.

IDK, that's all carbs...That's what they feed cows to fatten them up, carbs carbs carbs...

I still think the kid has a "problem" that isn't just being over fed though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 pm

I think he's got several problems. Of course I'm sure his size makes it difficult and uncomfortable, but I can't believe a 3 year old having a temper tantrum because he has to walk to school. I have never heard of that in my life, a 3 year old hating to walk, at 3 aren't we still in that excited phase like Ellen Degeneres talks about when babies first start to walk, and they are so excited that they're walking! Then you get older and it's like ' soap box Yeah I gotta walk! No! I'LL get it!' But this kid...this is a new one on me.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Supernova wrote:I think he's got several problems. Of course I'm sure his size makes it difficult and uncomfortable, but I can't believe a 3 year old having a temper tantrum because he has to walk to school. I have never heard of that in my life, a 3 year old hating to walk, at 3 aren't we still in that excited phase like Ellen Degeneres talks about when babies first start to walk, and they are so excited that they're walking! Then you get older and it's like ' soap box Yeah I gotta walk! No! I'LL get it!' But this kid...this is a new one on me.

I'm sure it hurts to walk...I remember trying to work out when I still had 20 lbs of pregnancy weight leftover and it was SO hard. My three year old is average and he weighs like 36 pounds. I can't imagine what it's like to carry 100 extra pounds on any frame, but on a 3 yo's?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 am