CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

my husband's boss is not going to be happy...

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

my husband's boss is not going to be happy... Empty my husband's boss is not going to be happy...

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 pm

He was off work with an injury from Sept until the end of Dec...His vacations are use it or lose it so he had to take at least 2 weeks of vacation before June and he can sell the other two, so he took the week before last off and he's taking the third week in May off, but today I got home and he had a jury duty summons for May 9th!

His employer pays his minimums during jury duty because it's company policy to support the local govt or whatever, but his boss...She has to find people to work for him when he's gone and one of the guys in his work group just got injured today so she's already down one guy.

I'm hoping to be able to reschedule the JD, it has that option on the paper...I want to be able to take our vacation! But I wouldn't mind him doing Jury Duty again, it's a little bit of a pay cut but WAY less hours and much easier work.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

my husband's boss is not going to be happy... Empty Re: my husband's boss is not going to be happy...

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow, sounds like a hazardous job. Glad he's recovered. If this isn't a summons that he's already asked to postpone, I would hope they would let him postpone this one.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

my husband's boss is not going to be happy... Empty Re: my husband's boss is not going to be happy...

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 pm

He works for a major shipping company as a courier, lots of knee, back and ankle injuries there. It's because they are always on time, so that means that they run, run, run...
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 am

That is a physically demanding job. I'm glad he's not a logger or a crab fisherman though.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:37 pm

alan smithee wrote:That is a physically demanding job. I'm glad he's not a logger or a crab fisherman though.

totally. I don't really think it's that bad, honestly. I mean, yeah, it's a busy job, and half of the people who start out of courier school don't make it through the first month, but once you DO make it through the first month and you realize that it's IMPOSSIBLE to do what is asked of you and you accept that fact, then it's okay.

I'm so glad that he has an active job because his dad weighs like 400 lbs and isn't able to do all the stuff that he wants to do. He just has to be careful with his ankles because he's already broken one of them, and then sprained each of them in the past 12 years of working there. Luckily he escaped surgery on his knee last time and was able to rehabilitate with pt, but the guy who just got hurt in his work group wasn't so lucky...

I want to work there to put myself through school once the twins start kindergarten because even if you only work 2 hours a day, they reimburse your tuition.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Tuition reimbursement is a very nice benefit. LOL though my wife and I could never work at the same place. She'd wind up killing me.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:54 pm

alan smithee wrote:Tuition reimbursement is a very nice benefit. LOL though my wife and I could never work at the same place. She'd wind up killing me.

lol, oh yeah, I would not apply at his station!

He works at a Seattle station even though we live in Tacoma, because it pays a dollar more an hour. I would want to work close to home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 am