CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Shale
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
TPP
femme fatale
12 posters

What do you like/dislike about facebook?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

What do you like/dislike about facebook? Empty What do you like/dislike about facebook?

Post by femme fatale Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Facebook is the devil. We all know that. It's a d*ck waving contest. But what are some pros/cons of that site?

• I can find family members/old friends.
    • Errr...another way of keeping contact? eye roll

DISLIKE:

• The constant, braggadacious boasting on statuses and in photographs.
    • Pictures of couples kissing or making out with each other. Go shoot yourselves.
    • People treating statuses like TWITTER. That's what twitter is for! Go to Twitter and pollute their bandwidth.
    • People posting ALL their business on statuses. Do we need to know that your GYN lab results were clear on FB? Do we need to know that your baby daddy was unfair in custody court on FB? No.
    • People posting an update of their life every 5 minutes. Shut up.
    • Those damn bootleg app games! Stop trying to get people fired from work.
    • Those stupid apps like "How Ghetto Are You?" or "How Low Does Your Dick Hang"
    • Arguing on statuses. Take that shit to the streets!
    • Wars over deleted facebook friendships!
    • Murders over FB friendships.
    • Status Evangelists - Yes you know who you are! I'm Christian but must you quote the Bible in every status and talk about how you got Jesus in your life every 5 minutes? Bragging is a sin.:disdain:
    • Status atheists - We get it. You don't believe in God. Stop trying to post your scientific discoveries in a status every fricking 2 seconds!
    • People posting statuses of their bootleg mixtape albums with a link attached! Stop trying to force people to listen to that shit!
    • Those damn requests sent to you automatically of people you don't know but your friend's friend's dead grandmama know so you must add them.
    • And last but not least: FB breakups. You don't find out your man/woman is breaking up with you until you find that shit on your status.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

What do you like/dislike about facebook? Empty Re: What do you like/dislike about facebook?

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 pm

I love Facebook. I love how it's so easy to keep in touch with people, I don't have to go seeking them out, they come to me. I love how easy it is to post photos. I love how I know what is going on with people that I don't have time to talk to. I love how I don't have to strain to hear what they are saying while my kids are loud in the background (I have hearing loss so I hate the phone with a passion). I love how all you have to do is click "like" if you read something and liked it but you don't have anything to say about it. I like how you can ignore the game posts and not see them anymore, I don't like my page being cluttered with requests for me to lend them two goats or a machine gun. I love the game typing maniac on there but I had to quit it cold turkey because I was staying up until 2 am playing it. I don't care for how things are always changing though with the format and stuff and I don't like how the default settings are to share everything that you post with everyone, I think it should be the opposite.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What do you like/dislike about facebook? Empty Re: What do you like/dislike about facebook?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Femme, I totally agree with your dislike list.

What I like is keeping up with people that I never would on a regular basis otherwise. I have gotten into contact with a few cousins on Mom's side, and that would have never happened without FB. It could have and should have, but wouldn't have.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:06 am

I pretty much co-sign with your likes and dislikes. I haven't checked my Facebook in minute. I just got an e-mail to do so.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:50 am

-Up-to-date music news

-Easy to keep in touch with friends in Europe (or America if in Europe)

-It's a pretty good photo dump

DISLIKES:

-The way FB has become an entity in real life:
    > You're not in a relationship until it's official on FB.
    > You're not really friends until you are on FB.

-That people friend others who they secretly dislike in real life.

-Application invites

-"Hey guys lost my phone, need yo numbahs!" groups

-Slightly offensive pandering ads

-That if you do break up with somebody via Facebook, it feels the need to broadcast that for you so you look like a whiney teenager (work around: remove your status all together)

-General spam
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Definitely being invited to a bunch of random shit....or having somebody send me a bunch of Mafia Wars requests (I don't even play the game, why are you asking me for gifts?)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:27 pm

I like being able to talk to people and see interesting posts. I like groups. I like having friends. I like being able to share stuff, like pics.

I hate most of the features though. Razz
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 pm

I have a facebook account as Rob and like everyone else pointed out it is there to keep up with family & friends. I found out my half-bro got remarried on facebook and that my youngest grandson proposed to his girlfriend.

Things that would have taken a formally written piece of paper just a century ago. big grin

As for the other stuff, I don't participate. I have put some stuff on my Wall and made comments on a few others but I just check in every few days or weeks, not the big deal I used to have with MySpace as Shale, flirting with all the cute boys. Which I just got deleted this week after MySpace screwed it up by changing to New MySpace. (Hey Tom - two words New Coke!)
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:20 pm

That just about sums it up. I wish sometimes there was a "dislike" button on FB like the "like" button.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 pm

bump

For those of you on Facebook who have me as a friend, I just uploaded a bunch of fotos of my family (a new album of my history with Brenda)
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=744025479

I am beginning to like the foto feature on this site, tho I don't much care for that tagging thing where someone else's foto shows up on your profile. I usually delete them. And, I don't tag fotos, just make comments or 'Like' on them.

Surprising how many of my friends comment or like on my entries. I have reconnected with cyberfriends I have known for years on other forum boards by way of Facebook.

BTW, we have all just about abandoned MySpace. It used to be a good social network but they messed it up and now it is abandoned by users and staff and likely will shut down soon with all the other probs Murdoch is having. I heard it was up for sale but who would buy it?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 pm

I am not a member, have no interest, although people keep saying that they wish I'd join it.

I don't want to be 'found' ~ I like anonymity. And I don't give a shit how well someone did on on a dumb quiz, or what someone's favorite color is (unless I ask).

What I do HATE is that too many commercial sites are on Facebook, making it damn hard to access them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:15 pm

In addition to what you said, femme, I don't like how facebook keeps changing their security so that you're easier to track and then you have to go and change your default options so you're privacy is protected.

What I like is how it helps me stay connected with friends who don't live here. I can post a quick message on their facebook page and say hello. I've also connected with friends and family whom I'd lost contact with - second cousins and friends who moved away. Had a mini reunion last Christmas with 5 other friends I'd graduated with. Only one of whom I was able to keep in contact with prior to facebook. Found the others through facebook and we spent an entire afternoon gossiping and catching up.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Bluesmama wrote:I am not a member, have no interest, although people keep saying that they wish I'd join it.

I don't want to be 'found' ~ I like anonymity. And I don't give a shit how well someone did on on a dumb quiz, or what someone's favorite color is (unless I ask).

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm