CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Shale
tmontyb
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
Marc™
12 posters

Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food? Empty Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food?

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 am

At my job we're having this "food bash," where everybody is supposed to bring in food for the occasion. One of the employees was under the impression that it was gonna be light shit like Doritos, chips, pop and cookies. When she found out that some were planning on bringing their home cooking, she pulls me aside and says...."I thought it was just gonna be store bought snacks....I don't be eating just anybody's cooking." The skepticism in her voice when she said that was priceless. That got me to thinking too. I don't know what bugs have been sniffing around the seasonings in their cabinet either.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food? Empty Re: Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food?

Post by Tony Marino Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:16 am

That would be an insult not to. Unless its a particular food you don't like then I don't see any reason not to, especially since they went through all the trouble to prepare it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food? Empty Re: Are You Comfortable Eating Other People's Food?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:37 am

I thought this topic meant eating food off of the same dish as somebody else at first. FORGIVENESS MAN

No, I don't got much problem eating other people's COOKING. lol I don't cook so I theoretically do it with every bite. Razz
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 am

If it stinks or looks like something gross, then no but it's something i like and looks edible and smells decent then sure i'll eat it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 am

If it looks good I'll eat it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 am

Yeah, if it look edible....I'll eat it. No different than eating in a restaurant. However, if the person who prepared something is someone who I have a problem with regarding their hygiene or something like that, I'd definitely be skeptical.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:58 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Yeah, if it look edible....I'll eat it. No different than eating in a restaurant. However, if the person who prepared something is someone who I have a problem with regarding their hygiene or something like that, I'd definitely be skeptical.
    co-signs Yeah, I didn't add that caveat. If they’re a nose-picker or I know they don’t wash their hands after using the restroom, then I’ve developed an allergy to what ever they brought.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 am

alan smithee wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:Yeah, if it look edible....I'll eat it. No different than eating in a restaurant. However, if the person who prepared something is someone who I have a problem with regarding their hygiene or something like that, I'd definitely be skeptical.
    co-signs Yeah, I didn't add that caveat. If they’re a nose-picker or I know they don’t wash their hands after using the restroom, then I’ve developed an allergy to what ever they brought.

co-signs
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah I've been eating pot luck since childhood. In the South our churches had these "homecomings" and everyone brot the country cooking dishes we were all used to. A kids paradise with several varieties of fried chicken, fried okra, squash, potato salads, cole slaw, pies, cakes and cobblers.

More recently, before we got our nude beach we had pool parties where everyone brot a dish. Not being into cooking I usually brot a multi vegie salad, but there were all variety of food, including Middle Eastern fare.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Shale wrote:Yeah I've been eating pot luck since childhood. In the South our churches had these "homecomings" and everyone brot the country cooking dishes we were all used to. A kids paradise with several varieties of fried chicken, fried okra, squash, potato salads, cole slaw, pies, cakes and cobblers.

I grew up with these & survived them all. So I don't have a problem with it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Heck yes I do. I often prefer to eat food others cooked over bothering to prepare it myself. If it doesn't look displeasing, I'll chow down.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:58 pm

LOL, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought Marc meant, do you eat off other people's plate? "Are you gonna eat that?"
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

like those who have posted, yup im comfortable eating other peoples food, but if it looks strange than i prolly wont eat it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 pm

I do, but sometimes it seems a bit gross to me if the person doesn't keep a clean house. It makes me wonder how clean the food is. There are a lot of people by Dad's house that bring food and I know they live in a dump, so it is a bit off setting, but to not be rude, I eat it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 pm