CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Charlotte's Web

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Charlotte's Web Empty Charlotte's Web

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 am

So there's a long story to this...I have never read this book before in my life, and never really gave it too much thought...but the radio station here has a trivia call-in contest every day where you have a chance to win $100 at the end of the month if you can get the right answers...well, one place they keep pulling questions out of is Charlotte's Web, so I finally went to the library and checked out a copy to read.

Now, it's a very interesting book, I'll give you that, I'd wager to say even good, but I don't get why it's so popular, I don't get why it was made into two movies, and I don't get the big attraction. Is anybody with me on this one or am I alone here?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Charlotte's Web Empty Re: Charlotte's Web

Post by Chris Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 pm

It's iconic and all, and I vaguely remember my–I think–first grade teacher reading it to the class; but it wasn't anything I ever revisited. I never saw the films. Didn't have any urge to.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:04 pm

I never saw the movies either...when we first had Cartoon Network they'd have the Saturday night cartoon movie and it repeated Sunday morning and that's where I caught a few parts of it but yeah, never been tempted to see the whole thing.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:38 pm

I loved the book. Charlotte is one of only two spiders I actually like. The other is Eric Carlyle's "Very Busy Spider". My Mom read me the book when I was little and I've read it several times myself.

I remember reading a story about a Mom who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. A friend asked her how she was going to explain it all t her daughters, who were young. She said she was going to start reading Charlotte's Web.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:31 pm