CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on? Empty Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on?

Post by Chris Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 am

Whose side are you on: O'Reilly's or Trump's?

How do you know you’ve really gone off the reservation? When Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly calls you out for being too far to the Right.

Donald Trump continued his embarrassing tour de farce of talk shows this week in which the reality host and real estate mogul is pretending to tease a possible presidential run by using the no-longer-even-smoldering “controversy” over President Obama’s birth as his go-to platform.

When Trump tried to wave his birth certificate – now that he found an actual valid one – on the “O’Reilly Factor” on Wednesday and attempted to bait the host into biting, O’Reilly was not having it. The conservative curmudgeon said he long ago looked into the birther claims and found two Honolulu newspapers which announced Obama’s birth, effectively putting the issue to bed, because it was “impossible” to fake that.

After slagging off Obama’s mother as a “hippie” and snorting that there’s no way a “sophisticated conspiracy” existed to smuggle the president into the country and forge his identity, O’Reilly sneered, “What is he, baby Jesus?”

Though they both agreed that the so-called Ground Zero Mosque should not be built and that there’s a “Muslim problem” in the world, Trump politely disagreed on the birther issue.

He noted that he knows lots of really smart Wall Street types who excel at forging documents, questioned how “two poor people” could scrape together enough coin for birth announcements (the grandparents did it, O’Reilly corrected him) and then provided his answer to O’Reilly’s question about why this issue is so important to him.

“If you are going to be the president of the United States you have to be born in this country and there is a doubt as to whether or not he was born [in this country],” The Donald explained, again reminding viewers that he is “a very smart guy.”

He also said he hates, hates that ugly term “birthers,” saying the deniers are “really quality people who just want the truth” and who are being picked on.

"People have birth certificates," Trump said. "He doesn't have a birth certificate,” adding that maybe there’s something on there that Obama is trying to hide. "Maybe it says he's a Muslim, I don't know," Trump baited. "... If he wasn't born in this country, it's one of the great scams of all time."

"It's provocative, I think it gets a lot of attention, but I don't think you believe it," O’Reilly responded, laughing at Trump’s repeated attempts to act like he is passionate about this non-issue.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on? Empty Re: Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:23 am

I'll go with O'Riley! Any guy who runs on a birth certificate at this point is kinda dumb. There's so many better things to slam the guy on. Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on? Empty Re: Bill O'Reilly vs. Donald Trump: whose sde are you on?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:36 am

Well, in this case, as it seems B.O. ( ROFLMAO! ) isn't questioning President Obama's "legitimacy", I'd say I was on his. As much as i think he's usually full of crap, I will give O'Reilly props for this, though. I think he at least respects the office. While the vast majority of conservatives and liberals typically refer to the President as "Obama", he calls him "President Obama" more times than not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 am