CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Jason B.
Chris
6 posters

Casting Spoiler

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Casting Spoiler Empty Casting Spoiler

Post by Chris Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Casting Spoiler Roger-Howarth-JPI-S

Huge OLTL Casting News! Roger Howarth Returns!
    After months of speculation, Digest has received exclusive confirmation that Emmy-winning actor Roger Howarth (ex-Todd; ex-Paul, ATWT) is indeed returning to Llanview and will begin filming in May. "I am looking forward to returning to OLTL," says Howarth. "We are going to have a lot of fun telling this story and I am excited to see how it will unfold." In 1992, Howarth originated the role of Todd Manning and quickly became a fan fave, nabbing a Daytime Emmy in 1994 and two Soap Opera Digest Awards. After leaving OLTL in 2003, Howarth played ATWT's Paul until that show's cancellation in 2010. Rumors surrounding the actor's possible comeback resurfaced earlier this year after OLTL embarked on a storyline involving Téa's mysterious brother Tomas and his ties to Todd's past. Howarth, who has been in Los Angeles for pilot season, was reportedly courted by a West Coast soap as well as OLTL. Details surrounding how the actor will return to the fold are still up in the air. "We are thrilled to have Roger return to ONE LIFE TO LIVE," says Executive Producer Frank Valentini. "As OLTL viewers know, Trevor St. John has been playing the role of Todd Manning since 2003. We have a great story planned that will involve both actors." Be sure check back here and on Facebook and Twitter (@soapdigest) for more late-breaking news.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Casting Spoiler Empty Re: Casting Spoiler

Post by Jason B. Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Suddenly the prospect of OLTL's cancellation doesn't bother me as much.

If they make him Todd again I quit.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 am

blank stare @ you

Frank Valentini can spare me his piddly "We have a great story planned that will involve both actors" statement. If it at all involves bumping TSJ out of the role of Todd, I couldn't care less about it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 am

I'm with both of you - if this storyline involves relacing Trevor as Todd, I'll be counting down the days until OLTL's cancellation. The ONLY OLTL I'll watch is one in which Trevor remains Todd.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 am

I just want to throw up!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

Maybe this will be a Face/Off thing and RH will be playing Flynn.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:05 am

I think this return is kind of embarrassing for RH. He tried all those times before to escape the image of Todd Manning; jumping ship every time his current contract expired, chasing after greener pastures, only to return when there were none. Then after a decade of that, he finally lands another regular role that lasts nearly ten years, but when that show gets cancelled, what does he do? Return to OLTL (after another attempt thwart having to play Todd Manning again produces no results.) This would be like if I lost my job, and opted to return to work the front desk at Bally Total Fitness, like back when I was in college. Sure, I'd be grateful for the work, but a significant part of me would cringe at the regression.

Much as I would like to see it happen, I doubt that at this point Judith Light would opt to return to OLTL to play Karen again. I would imagine that part of Howarth, at age forty-two, probably hates that he is forced to rehash a role he played when he was in his twenties. A role that he continually ran from, at that.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 am

RH will jump ship the second he can, just like always but ITA that is must be...well... what you said so perfectly Chris. He's crawling back to OLTL because his show is gone and he's failed to make it elsewhere. If they re-cast Trevor with RH, I might no even stick around OLTL. I'm only watching for Trevor, anyway. I don't see why they can't do what GH did when they brought Sarah Brown back. Instead of replacing the actress playing Carly, they created a new role for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 am