CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
Tony Marino
TSJFan4Ever
TPP
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Nystyle709
Marc™
Supernova
Alan Smithee
RobbieFTW
Chris
14 posters

Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize? Empty Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize?

Post by Chris Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 am

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003939266727/

Mother angry after teacher tapes student's mouth
    Posted: 04/01/11 at 6:20 pm EDT

MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- The mother of a Broward middle school student is upset after her 13-year-old daughter told her a teacher placed tape over her mouth.

"I came home from a hard day's work to hear that my daughter had her mouth taped up unwillingly," said Leah Freel.

Jazlyn Freel attends New Renaissance Middle School. She said on Thursday her teacher placed tape over her mouth. "She asked me to stop talking, and then a couple minutes went by, and I started to talk again, and she came to me and put it on my mouth," Jazlyn said. "I had to cough, so I took the first piece off, so she went into her desk, and she took another piece out, and she put it on my mouth again."

Jazlyn said the teacher also taped another student's mouth, and they went to an administrator.

According to the 13-year-old student, the teacher "told me to keep the tape on my mouth, and she told me that what happened in her classroom stayed in her classroom, and it was just a joke."

Leah said she went to the school and was told that the teacher would be reassigned. "I hope that this doesn't happen to any other children," said the mother. "They are still kids. They need to be protected while we're not around."

The family said they want an apology from the teacher. "It wasn't a really good experience, and I hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else," Jazlyn said.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize? Empty Re: Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize?

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 am

The teacher had no right to touch her, she should apologize.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize? Empty Re: Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Apologize? In this day and age the woman's lucky she's not facing assault charges. I think that would be ridiculous too but if a kid doesn't want to obey? Send them to the office. Teachers should be able to lay hands on a student to protect themselves or another student. That's it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Agreed, what this woman did is by no means appropriate.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I won't pretend to be appalled that a mouthy little brat got her mouth taped shut...but yeah, the teacher should apologize.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Marc™ wrote:I won't pretend to be appalled that a mouthy little brat got her mouth taped shut...but yeah, the teacher should apologize.

Teacher tapes girl's mouth shut: should she apologize? 35166
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:53 pm

No sympathy for the little shit; no sympathy for the idiotic adult with a fully formed brain.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 am

She should definitely apologize. She knew she was wrong! Send them to the office, geez louise!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:35 am

She should apologize. IF the girl wouldn't stop talking, give her detention or send her to the office. Taping her mouth shut is going too far.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey I had my eyes taped to a book by a teacher because I was not paying attention. The little brat probably deserved it, you know how defiant kids are today. The teacher should have just asked her to leave the classroom but I don't see it as any big deal, its only tape and it can be easily removed.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

It's disrespectful. Was the child disrespectful for talking in class? Yep. But two wrongs don't make a right. Disrespecting a child is no way to teach a child to be respectful. Model good behavior. Lead by example.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Actually I think it's kind of funny and I bet that little girl probably felt like a dunce with tape on her mouth. But yeah teacher should apologize and be grateful a lawsuit isn't being brought against her.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The teacher should be thankful if all she gets is reassignment and be made to apologize. That kind of stuff doesn't fly anymore, and is quite stupid no matter what a brat the girl was being.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:09 am

There's no question that the teacher should apologize because what she did was stupid. This ain't 1960, where any adult can lay hands on a misbehaved child.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:47 am